Purple vs White Spring game thread

2,918 Views | 12 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by Jacks4460
SFASawmillGuy
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Preston Weeks looked good on his second drive after that pick six to start it off.
Also Trae and Xavier will both be wearing different jersey numbers this year, Trae wearing #1 and Xavier wearing 2.
RedRiverLa
Hard to tell from TV, but he looks to be more accurate and have some zip on it.
Lumberjack Battalion
Lumberjacks make great US Army Special Ops Officers - AxeEm!
BigJack85
Unfortunately I have not been able to tune in. Golf. What does the O-Line look like?
BigJack85
SFA_03 said:

Preston Weeks looked good on his second drive after that pick six to start it off.
Also Trae and Xavier will both be wearing different jersey numbers this year, Trae wearing #1 and Xavier wearing 2.

Do you see Trae as starting?
SFASawmillGuy
Oh without a doubt. There's no question he's gonna be the guy.
Preston still has a long way to go, but he's showing a lot of promise and will be a good starter for 2022.
SFASawmillGuy
I like this spring game setup. Starting offense on white and starting defense on purple. I really hated the format we've been using the past 10 years.
SFASawmillGuy
Overall very promising performance.

Starters looked very solid. Trae is gonna stretch the field with his passes, which if we can get them to land, will be outstanding. JT looks stronger than the fall with his running. And the defense looks aggressive and ball hungry!

I also saw a lot of positives from our backups. We have depth, which is something we haven't had in a while, and is exactly what separates our old teams from literal championship teams.

I think we hit the ground running this fall.
SFA Jack Fanatic
I would be interested in getting 4460's totally "unbiased" take on the Spring game and on the Spring practices as a whole.
SFAXE93

Jacks4460
SFA Jack Fanatic said:

I would be interested in getting 4460's totally "unbiased" take on the Spring game and on the Spring practices as a whole.
We are coming along really well... The offense and the defense both look so much better even from the fall.. We have some serious,serious depth all across the board. The Qb's made the largest improvement if you ask me. Trey has gotten another season under his belt and will be really special. Weeks as you guys say can really spin the ball I mean he puts it on the receiver on those short slants and routes they run a lot of. The transfer kid from VA Tech will be really really good once he and Trey have a little more time together. Gipson will be one of the best on the field every time he is out there. The TE from Longview and TUlane is gonna be good and we will throw to him alot. We had 5 TE-HB out for the spring game because of injuries. The coaches are really high on a TE from Grapevine we signed in the fall. RB is stacked. Ward was out with ankle problems so no spring game but from what I saw this spring he was even faster and more elusive. The RB transfer from Hawaii is a total team player and is just as good as the other two if not better.. 24 is a beast and kinda reminds me of Marshawn Lynch. Skill players we will be just fine.. OL we can go 8 deep... we need to find a couple more and be able to go 10 deep.. They look and play so so much better than 2 yrs ago. Lapic is back and leading the OL. he is 6-4 and easily 300 lbs now and still quick and can move. Justice you saw he was All Conference as a true freshman and Zach who is 300+ will anchor the RG and LT position. Drew was hurt and I believe Keegan was likewise. Daniel Keys is breathing down there neck which is really good because he was a Freshman last year and really could start.. Need a couple more which a couple that are there could develop.

Defense is deep in the secondary and defensive line.. BJ is going to be a pro mark my word. If they can get 35 more pounds on him then he is exactly what they are looking for.. Length,rush the passer,cover on a pass.. Matter of fact he is already on some of their radars.. Rayshad with a good year could likewise. Fox is gonna kill people... Rason is coming along and has made the biggest improvement over the spring. He is 6-5 280lbs and can move down the line. AHmad is still going 100 mph which is good for a rush end. Saw a little of the transfer from Baylor and Newton and from the look of him he is going to be special too.. LB's have Bert back and that gives us a 4 deep at the LB position which is good because Day Day,Brevin,Bert,and Daryan are all tackling machines.. Secondary looks great with Trenton Gordon back from sitting.. You add him to the ones that played last year and we can go deep deep at safety.. CB has 5-6 guys that can all play too..

They went to the single digit jersey thing based on voting from your team mates.. they will do 0-9 and did the first 4 this spring which #1 was Brevin who decided to keep his #6 jersey. #2 was Xavier who chose #2 #3 was Trae who took the #1 Jersey and #4 was Osagiede and he took #7 which is what he wore at the spring game.. They will pick 3 more team mates this summer and then finish it this fall. I thought that was pretty cool..

The coaching staffed is focused in on winning especially wanting to beat Sam Houston this year..Sam isnt the Home team this year and we will finally jump over to the other side of NRG as the Home team.. I thought that was big.. Sam could easily steal our signals year in and year out.. which it really didn't matter but now we are up to their caliber and every little advantage will help us.. Plus its a shorter route to the field from the dressing room and they never let us flip to the home side before.. There are 4 games next year that will be competitive.. I dont want to lose any of them but if we can go 2-2 we are gonna be in great shape for an at large bid or whatever we get for the FCS playoff.. Texas Tech,Sam,Jacksonville St.,Central Ark. If we can take care of business against those others and go 2-2 against these 4 then we might see our first playoff appearance in I don't know how long.. Then 2022 season you better get your ticket to Frisco because we are going there..
SFA Jack Fanatic
Jacks4460 said:

SFA Jack Fanatic said:

We are coming along really well... The offense and the defense both look so much better even from the fall.. We have some serious,serious depth all across the board. The Qb's made the largest improvement if you ask me. Trey has gotten another season under his belt and will be really special. Weeks as you guys say can really spin the ball I mean he puts it on the receiver on those short slants and routes they run a lot of. The transfer kid from VA Tech will be really really good once he and Trey have a little more time together. Gipson will be one of the best on the field every time he is out there. The TE from Longview and TUlane is gonna be good and we will throw to him alot. We had 5 TE-HB out for the spring game because of injuries. The coaches are really high on a TE from Grapevine we signed in the fall. RB is stacked. Ward was out with ankle problems so no spring game but from what I saw this spring he was even faster and more elusive. The RB transfer from Hawaii is a total team player and is just as good as the other two if not better.. 24 is a beast and kinda reminds me of Marshawn Lynch. Skill players we will be just fine.. OL we can go 8 deep... we need to find a couple more and be able to go 10 deep.. They look and play so so much better than 2 yrs ago. Lapic is back and leading the OL. he is 6-4 and easily 300 lbs now and still quick and can move. Justice you saw he was All Conference as a true freshman and Zach who is 300+ will anchor the RG and LT position. Drew was hurt and I believe Keegan was likewise. Daniel Keys is breathing down there neck which is really good because he was a Freshman last year and really could start.. Need a couple more which a couple that are there could develop.

Defense is deep in the secondary and defensive line.. BJ is going to be a pro mark my word. If they can get 35 more pounds on him then he is exactly what they are looking for.. Length,rush the passer,cover on a pass.. Matter of fact he is already on some of their radars.. Rayshad with a good year could likewise. Fox is gonna kill people... Rason is coming along and has made the biggest improvement over the spring. He is 6-5 280lbs and can move down the line. AHmad is still going 100 mph which is good for a rush end. Saw a little of the transfer from Baylor and Newton and from the look of him he is going to be special too.. LB's have Bert back and that gives us a 4 deep at the LB position which is good because Day Day,Brevin,Bert,and Daryan are all tackling machines.. Secondary looks great with Trenton Gordon back from sitting.. You add him to the ones that played last year and we can go deep deep at safety.. CB has 5-6 guys that can all play too..

They went to the single digit jersey thing based on voting from your team mates.. they will do 0-9 and did the first 4 this spring which #1 was Brevin who decided to keep his #6 jersey. #2 was Xavier who chose #2 #3 was Trae who took the #1 Jersey and #4 was Osagiede and he took #7 which is what he wore at the spring game.. They will pick 3 more team mates this summer and then finish it this fall. I thought that was pretty cool..

The coaching staffed is focused in on winning especially wanting to beat Sam Houston this year..Sam isnt the Home team this year and we will finally jump over to the other side of NRG as the Home team.. I thought that was big.. Sam could easily steal our signals year in and year out.. which it really didn't matter but now we are up to their caliber and every little advantage will help us.. Plus its a shorter route to the field from the dressing room and they never let us flip to the home side before.. There are 4 games next year that will be competitive.. I dont want to lose any of them but if we can go 2-2 we are gonna be in great shape for an at large bid or whatever we get for the FCS playoff.. Texas Tech,Sam,Jacksonville St.,Central Ark. If we can take care of business against those others and go 2-2 against these 4 then we might see our first playoff appearance in I don't know how long.. Then 2022 season you better get your ticket to Frisco because we are going there..

Excellent summary. Thanks, 4460!
Jacks4460
Q Borders had 2 TD's also..he looks good.. We just have numerous playmakers you saw some of those catches last night.. They go up and get the ball..
RedRiverLa
Just renewed my season tickets on line. For the first time ever, it went smooth with no weird issues from the SFA online system. I think that is a sign...
Lumberjack Battalion
Lumberjacks make great US Army Special Ops Officers - AxeEm!
Jacks4460
Thanks RedRiver... Lumberjacks football team needs everyone on board..
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.