Midweek Practice Report

6,285 Views | 26 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by SFAJack_76
Dbrooks
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Staff
I'm currently at SFA Football practice today as the team prepares for their home opener against Tarelton.

I'm paying attention to everything. Should be an interesting practice. Feel free to feed me questions. I'll do my best to answer.
TallTexan
How many touchdown plays do we have on the play card this week?
SFA Jack Fanatic
Dbrooks said:

I'm currently at SFA Football practice today as the team prepares for their home opener against Tarelton.

I'm paying attention to everything. Should be an interesting practice. Feel free to feed me questions. I'll do my best to answer.

Which running back is getting the most snaps on the first team? Anyone hobbling on the sidelines and unable to practice?
Jacks4460
Is Collin Legarde and Tammarick practicing?
SFAXE93
Are they working on the special teams?
nacluth
Do we have a secondary punter?
Dbrooks
Staff
They ran a few I think could really workout in any part of the game. Trae was dropping back with poise and letting it go today. He looked like Brady out there.
Dbrooks
Staff
Thomas Hutchings and Ward got alot of snaps today. McGowen got his fair share as well, but mostly all of them were balanced. It wasn't a clear No. 1 option
Dbrooks
Staff
Tamrick was definitely out there today and looked great. Now Collin I'm not entirely sure about. I didn't see him, but If I had to guess I would assume he would be out there cause everybody was present and accounted for at practice today one way or another.
Dbrooks
Staff
Aretavious Hendrix was held out of practice today. He just had to ice down his quad. He's good to go for this weekend. He was dressed and on the field passing out water and supporting his team. I spoke to him during practice. He's all good.
Dbrooks
Staff
Haha they definitely worked on special teams before they went into 7 on 7 drills. I saw improvement from the kickers and punters.
Dbrooks
Staff
Storm Ruiz was practicing punts today. But Max Quick got the majority of the snaps at punt today.
SFAJack_76
Who is "our best punter" that Carthel said after the Baylor game they had to leave in Nacogdoches?
Dbrooks
Staff
I might be wrong because technically they only have one true punter and that's Max Quick. But I believe the one you're referring too is either Dylan Brown or Kris Campos. The other two kickers and Quick were played at Baylor. So I'd assume it's one of them two.
Jacks4460
Thanks for the update!!! Your doing a great job.. AxeEm
Dbrooks
Staff
Thank you and I appreciate the feedback also. It really helps. Let's keep this going!
SFAXE93
I was really impressed with WR: Xavier Gipson in the Baylor game and I can see why he was getting some FBS interest with that speed.

He should be a major part of this year's offense as a true freshman, much like Tamrick Pace was his first season.
Jacks4460
SFAXE93 said:

I was really impressed with WR: Xavier Gipson in the Baylor game and I can see why he was getting some FBS interest with that speed.

He should be a major part of this year's offense as a true freshman, much like Tamrick Pace was his first season.
He is an ideal young man.. Always smiling and just thankful for the opportunity to play football and get and education.. Will be a superstar at SFA..
Dbrooks
Staff
I agree. He'll definitely be a household name. He is a favorite amongst his fellow wide receivers.
Dbrooks
Staff
It's no doubt we'll be seeing alot more from him as the season progresses his speed is undeniable.

Also, Tamrick Pace has definitely put on some muscle this offseason and during Fall camp. He looks like a brand new guy out there on another level. It'll be great to what he can do when he returns.
Dbrooks
Staff
Alize Ward, senior safety, will likely miss the season due to injury. Ward was being scouted by a plethora of NFL teams before his injury and this certainly sets him back.

However, it's highly likely Ward will redshirt this season, get healthy and return next season as a fifth year senior. It happens all the time and it'll actually work in his favor.
Jacks4460
I know he redshirted his Fr. year but he can apply for a medical hardship because he will not play this year.. I think the injury is pretty serious tho and is something that will be really really hard to come back from unless the good Lord wants him too.. I would love to see him back next year.. just highly unlikely...
Dbrooks
Staff
I have no idea exactly what is injury really was or how threatening it could be to his career moving forward. They're keeping that real hush hush. I do know that he has a slight chance of coming back possibly next season if his health would permit it but as you said it's probably highly unlikely. I just hate to see him go down like this especially in a practice doing a routine drill he does everyday.
SFAJack_76
I heard the potential of a 15-18 month recovery time. This was said in front of several people after the Meet the Jacks event. It was a quite significant, non contact, injury.
Jacks4460
Would be a great story for him to come back in 12 months and prove everyone wrong on his prognosis...He is a hell of a player and person...
Dbrooks
Staff
I was at practice when he got hurt. He was defending a sideline pass and he jumped up to bat the pass down and came down awkwardly on his leg. The next thing I hear is screaming and crying from him. It was a terrible sight. I assumed it was a very serious injury, but I'm not ruling out him playing football again. Ward is as tough as they come. He can turn this around for sure. It will just take time.
SFAJack_76
SFAJack_76
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.