Mississippi State game set for ESPNU Broadcast

3,423 Views | 5 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by TallTexan
PurpleOut
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Staff
SFAJack_76
PurpleOut said:

Oh good .... All I want from that game is no injuries and a nice check. These recent FBS games, I have not been able to watch past the first quarter.
SFASawmillGuy
Health of the players is most important here. If by some miracle we stay within 3 scores I say keep the starters in but once it starts getting away from us that's when you go to the backups. As bad as it is or as painful as it is to watch, even NDSU would likely get demolished by Miss St.
Jacks4460
I say we play to win that m'fer... Look at Appalachian State vs Michigan.. I never play thinking it is ok to lose. I like winning and would fight my ass off for 60 min. That is what their attitude should be... It all starts up front..
SFASawmillGuy
Jacks4460 said:

I say we play to win that m'fer... Look at Appalachian State vs Michigan.. I never play thinking it is ok to lose. I like winning and would fight my ass off for 60 min. That is what their attitude should be... It all starts up front..
Appalachian State was the defending FCS champions and had one of the best quarterbacks in FCS history leading them, but even then what they did was absolutely a freak thing. There's no reason that game should've been close.

Yes we should play to win the game, but in the end this game means little more than a paycheck. If it starts getting out of hand, pull the starters. We don't need another season where we lose all of our key players by the 3rd game. If we keep it close(within 3 scores), keep fighting, keep pressing with the starters and try to make history.
MasterAxe
It's highly unlikely, to me, that this is less than a 28 point game.

HOOOOOOWWWWWEEEEEVVVVVVVAAAAAAHHHHH...

It was just two years ago that Nicholls went toe-to-toe with Georgia in Athens.

26-24 was the final and that Nicholls team was just 5-6.

So...unlikely, but ever year some D1 craps the bed against an FCS team.

Nicholls also only lost to Aggie 24-14 last year...and that NIcholls team went 8-4 and made the playoffs.

So, if we get a bit of Nicholls magic...you never know.
TallTexan
I mean, it is Mississippi state. It's not Clemson or Bama.

Still a longshot, but that's kinda our thing. Maybe the basketball team can give the football team some lessons.

Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.