SFA / Abilene Christian (2)

4,721 Views | 107 Replies | Last: 2 mo ago by No-look
SFAJack_76
How long do you want to ignore this user?
TallTexan said:

Pilotgirl said:

RedRiverLa said:

Simmons on their team, who hit the winning shot, was a bull in a china closet. He just put his head down and barreled down the lane and pushed us aside and/or left wide open for the drive. Remember when we were very good at taking charges. He was the perfect player to set up a charge with, yet we never did. We weren't even close to being in position.

This reminded me of John Comeaux, who could take (or fake) a charge like no one I've seen. I'm missing that kinda player on our MBB team.

The toughest player I think we've ever had.
Six knee surgeries in his basketball career. Tough son of a gun.
SFAJack_76
No-look said:

We struggled against their zone but still should have won. I think it was lost by those uncontested threes in second half. Hopefully we will get it together. First half we dominated but it takes two halves.
Continued poor three point defense, but also 7 turnovers in the last 9 minutes against the zone. We had no idea how to attack the zone. Beaubrun and Hayman each missing the front end of a one and one in the last 1:45 was kind of a big deal also.
No-look
SFAJack_76 said:

No-look said:

We struggled against their zone but still should have won. I think it was lost by those uncontested threes in second half. Hopefully we will get it together. First half we dominated but it takes two halves.
Continued poor three point defense, but also 7 turnovers in the last 9 minutes against the zone. We had no idea how to attack the zone. Beaubrun and Hayman each missing the front end of a one and one in the last 1:45 was kind of a big deal also.
yeah, those free throws were big…Losing AJ hurt. He could penetrate a zone at times. We have seen a zone several times this year. Keller knows how to attack a zone and the players should know even if there was no coaching. It's just hard to figure out(for me) I know Keller and the guys want to win. The effort is there. Just have to put it together

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.