SFA / UT - Arlington (2)

3,206 Views | 83 Replies | Last: 2 mo ago by BigJack85
No-look
How long do you want to ignore this user?
nacluth said:

I think I'm going to enjoy watching the final games of the season because I don't have any more expectations. I'll enjoy the individual plays and performances as they come.
I'm learning to lose gracefully. I'm hanging with the guys win or lose. But I can't stand to lose and there in lies the problem. Lol
MasterAxe
We're dangerously close to entering the "scoreboard watching" part of the season.

That's where we are as a program. Keeping tabs on Utah Tech to make sure we can stay in the top 8 and make the WAC tourney.

We "should" be good, but we got 7 games left (including four in a row on the road) and things can get squirrely real fast.
RedRiverLa
Having some of our best players out for the season or missing a good portion almost seems like an every year situation. I know, part of the game, just seems like it has become a bigger part than most teams in the home stretch.
BigJack85
Ya. This "might" be a 17 win team. Well below the 22-23 wins I expected before the season began.

Not pointing towards a single role, but that 2 guard/small forward/3 has been just "ok" over the past couple seasons.

Having Kensmil and the Kalcheries bail us out 3-4 games a year, was becoming an expectation. There in, lies the issue. Jossell is closest we've come to having "that guy" much less a two-some as dynamic as Kensmil and Kalcheries
BigJack85
MasterAxe said:

We're dangerously close to entering the "scoreboard watching" part of the season.

That's where we are as a program. Keeping tabs on Utah Tech to make sure we can stay in the top 8 and make the WAC tourney.

We "should" be good, but we got 7 games left (including four in a row on the road) and things can get squirrely real fast.

Beating ACU would go along way.
MasterAxe
BigJack85 said:

MasterAxe said:

Beating ACU would go along way.

Becomes the biggest game of the year, for lots of reasons.

For context, 8 wins was the 8-seed last year.
Jacks1989
Next game is Saturday against ACU at the Sawmill. Hopefully I can make it.
MasterAxe
BigJack85 said:

Ya. This "might" be a 17 win team. Well below the 22-23 wins I expected before the season began.

Not pointing towards a single role, but that 2 guard/small forward/3 has been just "ok" over the past couple seasons.

Having Kensmil and the Kalcheries bail us out 3-4 games a year, was becoming an expectation. There in, lies the issue. Jossell is closest we've come to having "that guy" much less a two-some as dynamic as Kensmil and Kalcheries

Perhaps we're just not as talented as we've been led to believe.
BigJack85
MasterAxe said:

BigJack85 said:

Perhaps we're just not as talented as we've been led to believe.

I would not dispute that. Not a bit. But we seem to have the talent to be in "every game". I'm not always a glass 1/2 full sort of guy. But, in this case I don't feel we have a fundamental breakdown. We are close and it really seem to be our long range shooting is very unreliable.
SFA Jack Fanatic
Games like the one today use to give me heartburn and literally keep me awake at night. The almost-weekly ones this year have just made me feel punch drunk and numb all over.

Break it to me gently. Have I become a luke warm Jacks fan?
Jacks1989
Big Jack I agree. As bad as the Jacks play they are practically every game. From what I see we would be wining big if we could hit the outside shot. No reliable shooters.
purpleballs
Jacks1989 said:

Big Jack I agree. As bad as the Jacks play they are practically every game. From what I see we would be wining big if we could hit the outside shot. No reliable shooters.

We would also be wining if we could make a few more free throws. Despite how bad we played we could have easily won. First game I've seen live since last years UTA game. Different perspective watching them live. But I thought they played extremely hard and they fly around on defense. Our style of defense will always leave an open three for a few a second and it's been killing us. We create turnovers but score less points of them they we give up on the open three. We either need quicker players or rethink the defense for now. Just my 2 cents.
No-look
Seattle and Ca Baptist both lost today. A Jacks win would have helped
BigJack85
Myles Jenkins is developing. A little more of him, might plug some of the hole, left by an injured AJ Cajuste. Not a direct replacement, but would add some production. Mid range is getting there.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.