SFA / Utah Valley

3,011 Views | 70 Replies | Last: 3 mo ago by Jacks1989
BigJack85
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Colapso the Clown.
nacluth
Double bonus at 9:16 left for those counting. A reminder, 4 SFA fouls first half. Tie game.
nacluth
Why win when you can showboat?

60-56 SFA U8.
Jacks1989
Dang. Jossell should have just laid it in.
Ljacks&Longnecks
Exactly....not the time for fancy dunks when you have been
struggling to score and hold a lead.

Yes it would have blown the lid off the place had it gone in.....it didn't.
SFA Jack Fanatic
Why the bloody heck didn't Jossell just lay the ball in the basket?!?!?!
No-look
nacluth said:

Why win when you can showboat?

60-56 SFA U8.
I would have much rather had the lay up
nacluth
66-63 SFA Final media. UVU's atrocious shooting at the line has the Jacks still in the lead.
Jacks1989
I guess this is going to come down to the last possession.
Ljacks&Longnecks
Big shot from Staine. Can we take advantage and hold on?!?!
Jacks1989
Can we hang on?
nacluth
Game was over and they called a bogus traveling call from my vantage.
SFA Jack Fanatic
Ladyjacks win 72-63.
nacluth
Winners! 77-72.
Ljacks&Longnecks
New winning streak??!!!
BigJack85
Team looks like a bruised animal. Maybe this will help heal some of these wounds. Guts for sure. Beaubrun had A GAME. Axe 'Em Jacks
SFA Jack Fanatic
Jalil was great tonight. Definitely the POG. He's 500% better now than he was last year, and 100% better than at the beginning of this season.
SFA Jack Fanatic
May have already been mentioned, but Keller confirmed that Jenkins has covid.
Jacks1989
Glad we got the win. Jalil is coming on strong. He is going to be a load at the end of the season and next year. Big game on Saturday.
nacluth
Tarleton and GCU getting the wins in OT. Seattle has GCU's number almost pulling off the huge upset in Phoenix.

Seeding will stay the same moving forward. Got to get the win on Saturday to help break things up.
SFAJack_76
SFA Jack Fanatic
Cajuste out for the year. Geeezzzz...

Can someone clarify if he has another year of eligibility, or is his college career over?
Jacks1989
Wow! Unbelievable.
No-look
Hate that for AJ. He has worked so hard. I'm assuming the injury at the end of GCU game.
SFA Jack Fanatic
No-look said:

Hate that for AJ. He has worked so hard. I'm assuming the injury at the end of GCU game.

Yep. A freakish 'self-inflicted' injury with mere seconds left in the game.
No-look
SFA Jack Fanatic said:

No-look said:

Yep. A freakish 'self-inflicted' injury with mere seconds left in the game.
. AJ is the motor that makes it go. Does he have another year (Covid)
BigJack85
SFA Jack Fanatic said:

Can someone clarify if he has another year of eligibility, or is his college career over?

Inquiring minds want to know. Does AJ have another year of eligibility? I would think he would, given the injury.

Jenkins needs to blossom. If he can give us some quality minutes at the 2/3 slot we could be ok. Whew. What a gut punch.
No-look
BigJack85 said:

SFA Jack Fanatic said:

Inquiring minds want to know. Does AJ have another year of eligibility? I would think he would, given the injury.

Jenkins needs to blossom. If he can give us some quality minutes at the 2/3 slot we could be ok. Whew. What a gut punch.
I think the injury has to occur before the half way part of the season?
BigJack85
No-look said:

BigJack85 said:

SFA Jack Fanatic said:

I think the injury has to occur before the half way part of the season?

I believe you are correct. He can apply for a waiver…. I think. ???
RichieVan
First, the team absolutely gutted out a win. Two starters out, people sick and still getting a win is great to see.
The down side is that this is another game where we take control and then inexplicably let the other team climb right back in. I know we're down personnel, but we need to start smelling blood in the water and put teams away.
The fact we have depth is now showing itself to be a good thing. I think, early on, we weren't consistent because Keller was trying to give playing time to 10 or 11 players every night to keep them happy. He doesn't need to be as concerned about that now. In a way, it may help the team, we shall see.
SFAXE93
Rev007
It's a tough break for AJ, but I think the team will be fine. I was impressed with the play of Latrell at the point. He routinely got into the lane off the dribble drive. He's a far superior shooter than AJ and a tenacious on ball defender.

Playing fewer guys may actually benefit our team. I'd like to see Staine play more minutes.

When the team runs a play for Stone which is rare, he has proven he can make a layup when he has inside position. However, I have witnessed Coach Keller chewing him out more than any other player. My guess is that he is missing defensive assignments.

Two of our bigs actually played like legitimate big men. Beaubrun and Nana both had at least two dunks. Beaubrun's footwork is improving immensely, and he and Nana are starting to hold the ball up high when getting rebounds which keeps pesky guards from stealing the ball. Southwick needs a lot of work. I honestly cringe when he comes into the game.

Let's string together a few more wins and get on a streak!
SFA Jack Fanatic
You make some good points, Rev. Southwick also gives me hearburn. He has bad hands. As to Stone, I think he has a big upside, since he's just a soph. I think he'll be a much better player next year after he gets this season's experience under his belt. His big body can cause problems if/when he learns to control and position it better. Also, I have faith in Latrell's ability to run the point. But we are thin at that position now. We'll need him to be injury-free the rest of the way.
No-look
Southwick definitely has some upside. Been playing sick according to Keller. Fresh out of JC He will be fine. Losing AJ is not good at all.
BigJack85
SFA Jack Fanatic said:

You make some good points, Rev. Southwick also gives me hearburn. He has bad hands. As to Stone, I think he has a big upside, since he's just a soph. I think he'll be a much better player next year after he gets this season's experience under his belt. His big body can cause problems if/when he learns to control and position it better. Also, I have faith in Latrell's ability to run the point. But we are thin at that position now. We'll need him to be injury-free the rest of the way.

You nailed it. No room for injury at the point. Frankly can't afford any injury. Agree that Latrell can bring something on the defensive side. His onball his intensity personified.
Page 2 of 3

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.