SFA / Utah Tech

2,376 Views | 43 Replies | Last: 3 mo ago by Rev007
SFAJack_76
How long do you want to ignore this user?
NET dropped from 143 to 152.

Next game is at last place, NET 263, Southern Utah. Must win.
ServiceJack88
I'm trying to understand this team. Had one of the best games we've had all season against UTA last week. Then this game happened. To say Saturday is a must-win is an understatement.
BigJack85
ServiceJack88 said:

I'm trying to understand this team. Had one of the best games we've had all season against UTA last week. Then this game happened. To say Saturday is a must-win is an understatement.

I watched the game last night live and then pieced through the recording AM. We played solid for large chunks of the game. Just seemed like our rotation got stale in the 2nd half.

I'm mesmerized by our offensive gaps. Really good for 5 minutes, then POOF. We disappear. We need a more reliable 3-point threat to loosen up defenses, and that ain't available with Jossell out (and in a funk when he's in)

Staine looks like he can be that guy, some nights. Not last night though. UGH.
SFAJack_76
We have several good basketball players. Basketball is a team sport. Nine assists on 24 made buckets. UT had 17 assists on 24 made buckets. UT had 7 players with double digit minutes. We had 11. Our substitutions are helter skelter. DayDay only getting 20 minutes is a head scratcher, at best. Nana only getting 19 minutes … why? The bench needs to be shortened. We have 11 guys averaging double digit minutes on the season with Jenkins at 9.9.

We need guys on the floor together long enough that they can begin to play as a team. On both ends of the floor.
No-look
One positive thing is we're still one game out of that second spot.
BigJack85
SFAJack_76 said:

We have several good basketball players. Basketball is a team sport. Nine assists on 24 made buckets. UT had 17 assists on 24 made buckets. UT had 7 players with double digit minutes. We had 11. Our substitutions are helter skelter. DayDay only getting 20 minutes is a head scratcher, at best. Nana only getting 19 minutes … why? The bench needs to be shortened. We have 11 guys averaging double digit minutes on the season with Jenkins at 9.9.

We need guys on the floor together long enough that they can begin to play as a team. On both ends of the floor.

We've got good players . Just need to get more of the "right mix" of guys out there more often. I think we are close to breaking this open.
SFAJack_76
No-look said:

One positive thing is we're still one game out of that second spot.
Fifth place in the resume' seeding. That was our third worst loss of the season, behind the home loss to Tarleton, and losing to NET 309 Middle Tennessee.
Jacks1989
We have a bunch of really good players but coach needs to shorten the rotation. My starters are Day Day, AJ, Jossell, Staine and Nana. Off the bench is Hayman, Jalil and Christmas. That's my 8 that should get the majority of the minutes. The rest are fighting for playing time. Really want to forget about last nights game. What a disaster. We played horrible and almost won. Still wondering why Day Day wasn't playing at the end of the game.
Rev007
I rarely get mad when watching the jacks lose, but Thursday's loss was an exception. It looked like one of Hall's better games, likewise with Beaubraun. Jacks had around a 5 point lead and momentum. Next, came the substitutions. The one that puzzled me most was Southwick. His play went south quickly. I watched an airball 3 pointer and then several interior dunks by the opposition. Yet, he remained in the game during the crucial moments. That game was definitely winnable with the right lineups.
Refresh
Page 2 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.