Ladyjacks vs. Austin Peay

1,075 Views | 20 Replies | Last: 4 mo ago by Pilotgirl
nacluth
How long do you want to ignore this user?
No rest for the weary as the Ladyjacks come straight off their shorthanded 20 point loss to Troy to face tournament host Austin Peay today at 2:30. This game is showing to be streamed on ESPN+.

Like Troy's deceptive 1-7 record, APSU has an equally deceptive 6-6 record. They are not as good as it looks. On paper this should be an easier game for the Ladyjacks but we'll see how the team is handling their illness and quick turnaround.

SFAJack_76
Ljacks&Longnecks
Just tuned in to see Harden convert an and one. Still though AP up 19-13 after one.
nacluth
Defense is playing well forcing 12 turnovers but AP scoring at 60%. Zoe with 11 points and 3 boards in the half. 33-27 APSU.
Ljacks&Longnecks
AP up 33-27 at half. Ladyjacks had taken a 27-24 lead but failed to score in the last 3 minutes of half, missing 5 three point shots.
Harden and Deck back today. No sign of Mimi. AP shooting better from floor but also more turnovers.
If the Ladyjacks can put together a solid 2nd half they can get this one.
Ljacks&Longnecks
Looks like maybe 100 folks in attendance from what we can see on screen.
BigJack85
Are we going to face up APSU on 3 pointers. I've watched 4 or 5 completely uncontested 3 pointers. Everyone of them ….. swoosh. If we don't defend the perimeter, L.
Ljacks&Longnecks
Yep, right back to 12 point deficit
BigJack85
Ljacks&Longnecks said:

AP up 33-27 at half. Ladyjacks had taken a 27-24 lead but failed to score in the last 3 minutes of half, missing 5 three point shots.
Harden and Deck back today. No sign of Mimi. AP shooting better from floor but also more turnovers.
If the Ladyjacks can put together a solid 2nd half they can get this one.

Not if we don't face up on 3 pointers. Atrocious. I don't like the look of our squad today. Very , ho hum.
Ljacks&Longnecks
51-42 AP up after 3. Ladyjacks just don't look good. Make a nice play here and there but overall look flat.
Ljacks&Longnecks
Finally got a burst of Ladyjack ball and take a 59-55 lead with 3 minutes to go. Now can we hold it...
Ljacks&Longnecks
4th quarter the Ladies break out and do what we have looking for all day and put away AP 66-56.

Held APSU to only 5 points in 4th. 15-1 run to finish game.
BigJack85
Nice comeback. These slow starts ain't gonna work in the WAC. It would help if they pushed out against a solid PG like APSU has. Maybe we wouldn't get behind by 12 points.
Pilotgirl
I woke up from a much-needed nap, just in time to watch the 4th qtr comeback. Thank you, Ladyjacks!
Pilotgirl
Pilotgirl said:

I woke up from a much-needed nap, just in time to watch the 4th qtr comeback. Thank you, Ladyjacks!

Looks like Zoe had a game! Tied her career high!
Ljacks&Longnecks
Yes, most of Zoe's shots total looked smooth as glass. Played good defense today too.
SFA Jack Fanatic
Pilotgirl said:

Nap? You took a nap during a Ladyjacks game, Pilot? I'm making a note of this and sending it to Santa for his Naughty list immediately.
Pilotgirl
SFA Jack Fanatic said:

Pilotgirl said:

Nap? You took a nap during a Ladyjacks game, Pilot? I'm making a note of this and sending it to Santa for his Naughty list immediately.

Right?! In my defense, I set my alarm; however, it was set for 2:30 am instead of pm....which proves how much I actually needed that nap! Lol

Glad we had that comeback! We have that game at home on the 30th, then back to conference play the 1st week of January. This will help get us back in the W mindset
TallTexan
Well don't forget to delete the 230 AM alarm.
SFAJack_76
NET up to 140 from 162 with the win.
Pilotgirl
TallTexan said:

Well don't forget to delete the 230 AM alarm.

It's off until Jan 3rd lol
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.