SFA/NMSU

2,868 Views | 64 Replies | Last: 4 mo ago by Jacks1989
Ljacks&Longnecks
How long do you want to ignore this user?
So was it the NMSU guy that had Jossell doubled over??
Jacks1989
Jacks are doing everything they can to blow this game.
nacluth
Trading free throws every possession. Except we're hitting one of ours and they're hitting both.
Jacks1989
Missing too many free throws
BigJack85
We ain't very good.
Ljacks&Longnecks
The ease with which we blew a 17 point lead down to 3...at home...is more than a bit concerning.
nacluth
74-72 SFA with 1:47 left. Nana has racked up 18 points.
Jacks1989
Welp. Can they hold on to get the W?
nacluth
75-72 8.5 left. NMSU ball.
Jacks1989
Too many misses at the free throw line.
nacluth
75-72 win! Just like we drew it up.
SFA Jack Fanatic
Couldn't give it away....
SFAXE93
28-43 at the line
SFASawmillGuy
We snatched defeat from the jaws of victory, but fortunately for us Victory snatched it right back! Great job by the defense to stay aggressive to the last second!
BigJack85
Hard to watch these guys sometimes. That was part NM State adjustments, part calapso the clown. Would like to see us play 40 minutes.

My quick take…. To many substitutions. Just a few less and we gain some mojo.
JHard
Classic Keller-ball tonight.

17 point lead in the second half, 15 missed FT's.

0 points and 0 rebounds from Hall.

Take the win, but my goodness. That should have been a 30 point win.
SFA Jack Fanatic
BigJack85 said:

Hard to watch these guys sometimes. That was part NM State adjustments, part calapso the clown. Would like to see us play 40 minutes.

I agree 100% about the substitutions. There is no continuity. Keller is overplaying the team depth thing. I've always supported Keller, but he is really disappointing me.
BigJack85
SFA Jack Fanatic said:

BigJack85 said:

I agree 100% about the substitutions. There is no continuity. Keller is overplaying the team depth thing. I've always supported Keller, but he is really disappointing me.

I'm a big Keller supporter. Big. But we need to get down to a 8 man rotation 8 guys getting 16-20 minutes. 3 guys coming off the bench getting 8-10 minutes

What happened to Wilson tonight. Cajuste was off. If Cajuste OR Hayman is halfway there, we win by 25.
nacluth
Interesting side note: our 4 bigs (Nana, Southwick. Beaubrun, and Stone) combined for 22 rebounds. 14 of them were offensive rebounds!
Jacks1989
Agree. Hard to watch. Too many missed shots. We can't shoot the ball consistently. That's what I see the main problem is.
BigJack85
Jacks1989 said:

Agree. Hard to watch. Too many missed shots. We can't shoot the ball consistently. That's what I see the main problem is.

100%. Part of that is the over rotation. Hayman is better when he gets consistent time. Predictable. I like the "strength in numbers" thing, to a degree.
nacluth
From last year Hall, Jossell, and Cajuste are all down in scoring. Nana is averaging about the same while Hayman and Beaubrun are up.

It's about a wash statistically, but those three guys that are down were our leaders last year. The regression to this year hurts.
BigJack85
nacluth said:

From last year Hall, Jossell, and Cajuste are all down in scoring. Nana is averaging about the same while Hayman and Beaubrun are up.

It's about a wash statistically, but those three guys that are down were our leaders last year. The regression to this year hurts.

Ya. I don't why, but I feel like Cajuste and Hall will bump up. Not sure about Jossell. Love him. Just very streaky right now.
SFASawmillGuy
I feel like Paul Quinn will be a needed game. A team we can get a lot of confidence against and a lot of chances to score.
Jacks1989
Those 3 have to step it up. They are the leaders of this team. If they show up and score we win most games. The defense and intensity is there. Just have to start hitting our shots and we will be fine.
SFAJack_76
Took 19 more free throws, had 2 fewer turnovers, had 10 more rebounds, and won by 3.

NET dropped by 20 to 171. 362 D1 teams ranked.
nacluth
NET rankings have been out for 17 days. We've gone from 101 to 171 with two narrow wins over bad teams and two losses (one good team, one bad).

Bad here is defined as below average for a D1 school which we're just above currently.
SFA Jack Fanatic
SFA Jack Fanatic said:

nacluth said:

Jenkins comes in and makes an impact.

He's showing more energy than anyone.

In the post-game presser Keller admitted that he saw the same good things from Jenkins that we did. He (sort of) apologized for not playing him more. He said he did not yet trust him at crunch time. Maybe that will change going forward. Personally I hope so.
No-look
NMSU couldn't miss second half. 5-8 three points. They scored 50 in second half and our defense wasn't that bad. Wouldn't have been that close if we could have made a decent amount of free throws.
Jacks1989
Maybe Jenkins can be that spark to get the team going. Just really boils down for me is that we have a shooting problem. We solve that and we will win a ton of games.
Refresh
Page 2 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.