SFA / Louisiana Tech

3,820 Views | 80 Replies | Last: 4 mo ago by SFASawmillGuy
purpleballs
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Watching Grand Canyon on ESPNU. Now that's a crazy atmosphere. Always thought we should dim the lights over our crowd (or empty seats). It would look a little less sad.
ServiceJack88
SFAJack_76 said:

Attendance 2,328. 2,032 last week.

$5 tickets this game.

It's hard to have higher attendance from anyone when your own Alumni Association has a large event on the same night. It's time we start working together and not against each other.
SFASawmillGuy
SFAJack_76 said:

$5 tickets this game.

It doesn't help when we advertised this as Cram the Coliseum literally one day before the game. We used to hype up the Cram The Coliseum game like 5-6 months in advance and it would sell out.
SFAJack_76
ServiceJack88 said:

SFAJack_76 said:

$5 tickets this game.

It's hard to have higher attendance from anyone when your own Alumni Association has a large event on the same night. It's time we start working together and not against each other.
Absolutely. Perhaps an Alumni Association Board member can shed some light on why it was scheduled that way.
SFAJack_76
Well ….

No-look
SFA Jack Fanatic said:

Day Day was 1-12. What the heck?!?! He's normally the surest shooter on the team from inside 10 feet.
LT had a 6'11" rim protector that was very impressive. Best defensive player I've seen this year.
SFA Jack Fanatic
No-look said:

SFA Jack Fanatic said:

Day Day was 1-12. What the heck?!?! He's normally the surest shooter on the team from inside 10 feet.
LT had a 6'11" rim protector that was very impressive. Best defensive player I've seen this year.

The only way a so-called "rim protector" can truly protect the rim is if his team is playing some sort of sagging zone. Since I was unable to watch, was La Tech doing that? If they were, that would explain the bad shooting near the basket, but it would not explain the equally horrific shooting from deep.

Sad to say, but terrible shooting is not something that can easily be fixed overnight.

And BTW, has there been a home game with such bad shooting in the last 20 years? I don't recall one. ON OUR HOME COURT!!!
nacluth
I can think of a Sam Houston game…

But, they were playing a tight man to man with a crumple to the middle. Once I saw all five of their guys in the circle going for a rebound! They were extremely disciplined and it was impressive to watch. Their French 6'11" stud was as solid a post presence defensively as you could ask.

However, we missed 50 shots. Many of them from 6' in. We found novel ways to miss including some real bricks at the line. They were good, we were bad. No sugar coating it.

The sugar coating was that honestly we played great defense for the vast majority of the game and until the last 30 seconds I believed we would win.
SFA Jack Fanatic
"a crumple in the middle". Ah, yes... The old "crumple in the middle" defense. I know it well.

JUST KIDDING WITH YA, NACLUTH!
TallTexan
Definitely feels like we win that game with a healthy margin if our shots fell at all.

Even Jossell and Day Day were off, which is unheard of.
SFASawmillGuy
TallTexan said:

Definitely feels like we win that game with a healthy margin if our shots fell at all.

Even Jossell and Day Day were off, which is unheard of.

Someone made a comment that not many teams win shooting 23-28% a game. Funny enough we would've won if we shot that well.

Crazy thing is our offense actually looks really effective at getting good looks and is open for shots more often than not. Not a ton of contested shots. just making them fall.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.