2019-2020 NCAA Basketball

62,553 Views | 309 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by nacluth
SFAJack_76
How long do you want to ignore this user?
This is too funny to not share. Volume on.
SFAJack_76
SFA Jack Fanatic
SFAJack_76 said:

We should thank our lucky stars that he never settled in here.
SFASawmillGuy
SFA Jack Fanatic said:

SFAJack_76 said:

Cue his mother coming in and defending him by calling our program and coaches trash.
SFAJack_76
SFA_03 said:

SFA Jack Fanatic said:

SFAJack_76 said:

Cue his mother coming in and defending him by calling our program and coaches trash.
I have read, true or not, that this is not his first suspension this season. I have watched a couple of Nebraska games this year. He is probably the best player on a bad team. It's a shame.
SFASawmillGuy
No doubt talent wise he was probably going to be the best player on our team as well. He's got skills that if worked on could be NBA caliber.

But I know, at least when he was at SFA, his attitude and personality was what got him into trouble all of the time. I have no doubt he chose SFA over bigger schools because he knew he would be a day 1 starter and be the face of the program, but Keller saw he would be a locker room cancer and put an end to that right away.

Would he have been fun to watch? That's not even a question, he would've lit up the SLC statistically. But we also probably wouldn't win as many games either because he would never pass the ball, the team wouldn't be as cohesive, and we would be that team that if you shut him down you won the game. Basically he'd score 30-40 points a game and we'd still lose.
sfa17
SFA_03 said:

SFA Jack Fanatic said:

SFAJack_76 said:

Good times
sfa17
What Nebraska fans have to say about the situation

https://huskerhoopscentral.com/forums/topic/14298-cam-mack-suspended-again/

He doesn't seem to be a team player. I used to follow him on Snapchat and he posted regularly (almost everyday) and he was almost always alone. No teammate in any of his Snapchat posts.

PurpleOut
Staff
Knowing what we know, and now the comments on that Nebraska board, is just really sad to be honest.
PurpleOut
Staff
Drake just upset #1 seed UNI in the MVC. And by upset I mean destroyed the Panthers.

They've got a good NET ranking, but don't think they'll have a chance at an at-large.
cboothe09
This kills their at-large hopes. Also means that someone is going to the dance that wasn't supposed to. Eats up a bad seed and possibly pushes us up. For once, an upset doesn't hurt us and kind of helps us out...
CertifiedAxeman98
sfa17 said:

What Nebraska fans have to say about the situation

https://huskerhoopscentral.com/forums/topic/14298-cam-mack-suspended-again/

He doesn't seem to be a team player. I used to follow him on Snapchat and he posted regularly (almost everyday) and he was almost always alone. No teammate in any of his Snapchat posts.

I think this is why he was suspended.

https://www.klkntv.com/story/41863043/cam-mack-involved-in-hitandrun

Edit: this apparently happened after he was suspended so this is just the gravy on top.
sfa17
Wow just Wow.. that is ridiculous. That says a lot about his character. We definitely dodged a bullet.
Pilotgirl
Yup...hit and runs are no jokes...basically admitting it is your fault.
SFASawmillGuy
He's lucky. In Texas it doesn't matter the damages. Fleeing the scene of a crash, even a fender bender, is a class A misdemeanor, and if the other party claims any injury at all, a felony.
BigJack85
Carnage in the MVC as UNI and Loyola of Illinois go down. If UNI goes as an at large I'd be surprised. The ultimate MVC champion may be a team with 10+ losses = #15 seed.
BigJack85
We check in at #26 in the March 9 poll. We would need to make it to the sweet 16 to appear in the final poll
SFASawmillGuy
Perhaps the most frustrating thing about this is had we not lost to Corpus id be willing to bet we'd be in the top 20 by now. We plummeted hard after that loss so I bet we would've made it into the top 25 weeks ago and just kept rising.
SFAJack_76
I suspect that beating Corpus would not have been enough. It would have taken beating at least either Rutgers or Alabama. Perhaps both. There are a large number of voters that will dismiss wins in the 30th ranked conference in the country. Same as it was in volleyball.
CertifiedAxeman98
SFAJack_76 said:

I suspect that beating Corpus would not have been enough. It would have taken beating at least either Rutgers or Alabama. Perhaps both. There are a large number of voters that will dismiss wins in the 30th ranked conference in the country. Same as it was in volleyball.
Agreed a win against Alabama would have put us over the top. Only 1 team beat Rutgers at Rutgers so that loss didn't matter all that much. The loss to TAMU-CC didn't help matters but probably would have been over looked if we had beaten Alabama.
CertifiedAxeman98
We should also try and schedule less non-D1 games next year. I have heard A/P voters use this as a reason they did not vote for us. Our record consists of non-D1 and low D1 teams with the exception of the Duke game being our only win against a quad 1 teams out of 3 played. Most of our games were with Quad 4 teams. We had only a handful of quad 3 wins (road games like Arkansas State, Sam, ACU etc. against 136-240 ranked teams). Basically all our homes games are quad 4 or non-D1 teams and it will be even harder to get higher quality D1 teams into Nac after the Duke win unless we start paying them to come or luck into a home and home with someone around our level or team in a small conference. Maybe we can get into a tournament like we did 2 years ago to play some neutral games against better competition. Or maybe schedule some buy road games and use that money to buy some better teams to come to Nac.
BigJack85
SFA_03 said:

Perhaps the most frustrating thing about this is had we not lost to Corpus id be willing to bet we'd be in the top 20 by now. We plummeted hard after that loss so I bet we would've made it into the top 25 weeks ago and just kept rising.
. I tend to agree. We had descent poll momentum until A&M CC. Then it collapsed. Not saying we are sitting at #17 if we beat Corpus but maybe thinking we would have entered the poll a couple weeks ago and would have made it to #22/#23.
BigJack85
More chaos. Wright State (Ohio) probably the best team statistically in the Horizon League is down by 20 toward the last few minutes of the semifinal. Won't have major impact but it certainly takes a 13 seed off the board. The only other real contender is probably N Kentucky. I imagine they're a 14 seed.
SFAJack_76
In-game coach interviews are useless. Coaches need to be coaching. This is absurd.

PurpleOut
Staff
Absolutely ridiculous.
CertifiedAxeman98
SFAJack_76 said:

In-game coach interviews are useless. Coaches need to be coaching. This is absurd.

What idiots thought this up?

I'm here so I won't get fined.
Ljacks&Longnecks
Horribly stupid idea....coaches should just ignore this and coach.
Ljacks&Longnecks
Saw an ESPN feed that the Ivy League has cancelled it's conference tournament.
SFAJack_76
MAC and Big West just announced they will play their tournaments without spectators.
Pilotgirl
CertifiedAxeman98 said:

SFAJack_76 said:

What idiots thought this up?

I'm here so I won't get fined.

People make fun of Marshawn but he is actually a smart dude.
Pilotgirl
SFAJack_76 said:

MAC and Big West just announced they will play their tournaments without spectators.

Ugh...here we go...
Ljacks&Longnecks
Well since Southland starts tomorrow (Weds) I'm guessing at this point it will be fans as usual......surely even the Southland wouldn't start the tourney and then cut off fans in the later games now would they?!?!?!
CertifiedAxeman98
Ljacks&Longnecks said:

Well since Southland starts tomorrow (Weds) I'm guessing at this point it will be fans as usual......surely even the Southland wouldn't start the tourney and then cut off fans in the later games now would they?!?!?!
The Southland will want the fans buying tickets Katy. Not sure that Hercules Tires is paying enough to cover everything.
SFASawmillGuy
http://www.espn.com/mens-college-basketball/story/_/id/28885422/ncaa-says-tournament-go-fans

Didn't see this posted yet but woooooooow
SFA Jack Fanatic
SFA_03 said:

http://www.espn.com/mens-college-basketball/story/_/id/28885422/ncaa-says-tournament-go-fans

EVERYONE READ THE LAST PARAGRAPH OF THIS STORY.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.