Any updates on the AD search?

16,894 Views | 64 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by Jacks4460
SFA Jack Fanatic
How long do you want to ignore this user?
TallTexan said:

edstile said:

I wonder if Rob Myers is being considered for the job....
I'm really hoping for someone outside the current athletic department,
I'm with you on that. I was just wondering...
BigJack85
Rob could be a good one. I think some will consider it a stretch. Fundraising is going to be more important going forward.
Axe 'Em Jacks - Class of 85'
cboothe09
Gotta be careful with that. That's what Texas thought it was getting with Steve Patterson. Brilliant money maker for the program, but couldn't pick personnel at all.
I want someone who can recognize talent and winners. Money will come with winning. Fundraising is big, but I wanna keep winning first and foremost...
Jacks4460
cboothe09 said:

Gotta be careful with that. That's what Texas thought it was getting with Steve Patterson. Brilliant money maker for the program, but couldn't pick personnel at all.
I want someone who can recognize talent and winners. Money will come with winning. Fundraising is big, but I wanna keep winning first and foremost...
Yes indeed money will come with consistent winning..
SFAXE93
I think these days the ADs hire professional searching committees to find coaches.
TallTexan
cboothe09 said:

Excellent point. But if my memory serves me, Texas had Oliver Luck as their number 1, who would have been great for fundraising & hiring ability but he didn't want to be the guy to can Mack Brown.

So Texas went with Patterson who was much too pro sports focused. He gets a bad rap at Texas, but honestly he just made the donors too mad for not letting them influence every decision. He's just got a cantankerous personality.

Del Conte on the other hand seems to be able to walk that fine line between changing things & appeasing donors. He'd make a heck of a politician.
tangerito
I've heard nothing about Mr. Hill's replacement to date. You would think that something would slip out as tonight they are having a retirement party for Mr. Hill.......... At least who they are interviewing outside of the inside candidates.
TallTexan
tangerito said:

I've heard nothing about Mr. Hill's replacement to date. You would think that something would slip out as tonight they are having a retirement party for Mr. Hill.......... At least who they are interviewing outside of the inside candidates.
What? A retirement party & they didn't invite all of us? Preposterous!
TallTexan
I'd prefer we go with an outside hire, someone who's a known commodity & can come in & keep building on the recent success in the same way that Keller is doing with recruiting following Underwood.

But if they go with an inside hire, I'm going to want a serious explanation as to why that person was the best hire before I jump on board. And I'll want to know who else they considered & interviewed as well.
BigJack85
I think I'll evaluate whoever they pick (internal/external) based on the track record in there previous role. We are the best in the conference so it's got expectations.
Gazette1
From inside source. They are not considering Rob Meyers. Rob probably makes more money what he is doing with the radio broadcasts anyway. It would be very hard to replace Rob Meyers as well.
SFAJack_76
Gazette1 said:

From inside source. They are not considering Rob Meyers. Rob probably makes more money what he is doing with the radio broadcasts anyway. It would be very hard to replace Rob Meyers as well.
Thanks. The key question for me is are they seriously considering outside candidates?
Gazette1
I have been informed that it will be someone from the outside but you know that can always change.
tangerito
I understand that interviews are underway. Let's hope for a great hire.
TallTexan
tangerito said:

I understand that interviews are underway. Let's hope for a great hire.
Sweet!

Do we have a Sawmill representative sitting in the interviews? We need someone to advocate for all our brilliant ideas.
SFASawmillGuy
Mack Brown for AD?
TallTexan
SFA_03 said:

Mack Brown for AD?

He'd knock it out of the park. Literally not a better fundraising hire out there.
SFA Jack Fanatic
TallTexan said:

We need someone to advocate for all our brilliant ideas.
And for your ideas, too, Texan.
TallTexan
edstile said:

TallTexan said:

We need someone to advocate for all our brilliant ideas.
And for your ideas, too, Texan.
I'm in it for balance. If you don't hear the really terrible ideas, then you won't realize just how great the best ideas are.
INiedrauer
Staff
-
Isaac Niedrauer
@INiedrauer

nacluth
Exciting news! Ready to see where we go from here.
Ryan
Kinnaird Guitars
SFAJack_76
Fingers crossed for a dynamic, exciting hire. Great opportunity for the university and the right individual.
BigJack85
Fingers crossed! Should be an interesting time for SFA Athletics
Jacks4460
"They are hired just working out final details" We shall know soon..
INiedrauer
Staff
Ryan Ivey. AD at Austin Peay.
-
Isaac Niedrauer
@INiedrauer

TallTexan
INiedrauer said:

Ryan Ivey. AD at Austin Peay.
Can't wait for the article Isaac!

And are we sure this isn't a prank by the bearkats? They've sullied the good name of the last Tennessee Governor who moved to Texas.
TallTexan
For those who want an early read on his background, here's his Peay profile:

http://letsgopeay.com/staff.aspx?staff=232

But I'm 100% sure Isaac's writeup will be much better.
Jacks4460
Texas ties(Texas AM Commerce) which has now really grown... SLC ties(McNeese)... Lets hope he can bring everyone together.. He seems like a go getter and he is a younger man.
TallTexan
Those Commerce ties might come in handy depending on how the football season goes.

Their HC is in my top 5 if we need a new coach.
PurpleOut
Staff
Jacks4460
TallTexan said:

Those Commerce ties might come in handy depending on how the football season goes.

Their HC is in my top 5 if we need a new coach.

Dude that was my first thought but wanted to stay positive on this football season..
Refresh
Page 2 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.