Uh Oh. Surfin' Steve has made their list.

6 Views | 3 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by RedRiverLa
RedRiverLa
How long do you want to ignore this user?
http://www.politifact.com/texas/statements/2018/mar/01/ann-teich/austin-school-board-member-says-stephen-f-austin-a/
Lumberjack Battalion
Lumberjacks make great US Army Special Ops Officers - AxeEm!
TallTexan
I've often wondered where the line would be drawn on past sins, which, however accepted by the majority they were at the time, we now view as egregious.

I'm no more than a part time history enthusiast, so I won't try to opine on such a weighty matter, but it is good to know that should we decide to change the name, that Walkup U is still available. In fact, I think he'd look just as majestic with a sculpture on the campus fountain.

nacluth
Touch his bronze tongue for good luck.
SFA Jack Fanatic
Never mind... My reply to your Walkup U comment was going to be even goofier than some I'm posted before, if that's possible.
RedRiverLa
TallTexan said:

I've often wondered where the line would be drawn on past sins, which, however accepted by the majority they were at the time, we now view as egregious.

I'm no more than a part time history enthusiast, so I won't try to opine on such a weighty matter, but it is good to know that should we decide to change the name, that Walkup U is still available. In fact, I think he'd look just as majestic with a sculpture on the campus fountain.

We could never imagine it now, but I'm sure the same thing will be said of our generation 175 years from now. No one is sin free in their times, but those who rose above their sins to do extraodinary things for their fellow man, and country - should still be respected for the good - I put Surfin' Steve in that category, otherwise, we should just erase most everybody from history prior top the 20th century.
Lumberjack Battalion
Lumberjacks make great US Army Special Ops Officers - AxeEm!
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.