Texas High School Stadiums

6,244 Views | 13 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by SFA88
SFAXE93
How long do you want to ignore this user?
$50 million one going up for a town of 20,000

http://footballscoop.com/news/check-latest-texas-high-school-football-palace-works-collin-county-prosper-frisco-allen-mckinney/
"History has no rubbish heap." Louis Blake Duff
SFA88
People can spend their tax dollars however they want but I can't think of another state that builds high school stadiums like this. Beyond these mega million dollar stadiums, I'm always surprised when small rural towns like Lufkin and Henderson have turf fields and video boards. I'm sitting here in Arizona and I cannot think of a single high school stadium - no matter how large the school - with a video board.
SFA88
I just watched the video of the artist renderings of Prosper stadium. Box seats and an end zone restaurant because were else are you going to sit when you want to watch Little Johnny play JV football?
TallTexan
I think I know where we need to start cutting the school budget. If you can afford a 50 million dollar stadium, you can afford to pay for your own teachers, buses, etc.
SFAXE93
My small home town of Daingerfield 2,500 got turf from the same company SFA, and the Cowboys got theirs.

It's a very poor region, but they managed it as well as a new track and field house update.

"History has no rubbish heap." Louis Blake Duff
SFA88
SFAXE93 said:

My small home town of Daingerfield 2,500 got turf from the same company SFA, and the Cowboys got theirs.

It's a very poor region, but they managed it as well as a new track and field house update.

That defies explanation.
SFA Jack Fanatic
Katy ISD's $70,300,000 stadium is open for business. Dubbed "Johnston Field at Legacy Stadium" (named after legendary Katy High School coach Mike Johnston), it seats 12,000. All seven Katy high schools (an eighth one will open this year) will play here and at Rhoades Stadium, the other Katy ISD stadium located next door, which seats 'only' 9,800.

http://www.chron.com/sports/highschool/article/Sneak-peek-inside-Katy-s-70-million-high-school-11816727.php#photo-13746820
SFAXE93
So that is what 70.3 million gets you these days?
SFA Jack Fanatic
SFAXE93 said:

So that is what 70.3 million gets you these days?

Well, it also includes some parking spaces and some lights in the parking lot.
PurpleOut
Staff
Looks great, very jealous.
TallTexan
edstile said:

Katy ISD's $70,300,000 stadium is open for business. Dubbed "Johnston Field at Legacy Stadium" (named after legendary Katy High School coach Mike Johnston), it seats 12,000. All seven Katy high schools (an eighth one will open this year) will play here and at Rhoades Stadium, the other Katy ISD stadium located next door, which seats 'only' 9,800.

http://www.chron.com/sports/highschool/article/Sneak-peek-inside-Katy-s-70-million-high-school-11816727.php#photo-13746820

What's the expected payoff timeframe for a 70.3 million high school stadium? There has to be some expectation that it will pay for itself eventually right?
SFA Jack Fanatic
TallTexan said:

What's the expected payoff timeframe for a 70.3 million high school stadium? There has to be some expectation that it will pay for itself eventually right?
I think the chances of it paying for itself are about 1 in infinity. It's just a glorified playpen. We're in Football Heaven, after all...
TallTexan
edstile said:

TallTexan said:

I think the chances of it paying for itself are about 1 in infinity. It's just a glorified playpen. We're in Football Heaven, after all...
Football heaven it might be, but looks bad when we pay teachers like peasants.
SFASawmillGuy
A 70.3 million dollar stadium is only justifiable for a college. College football will pay for that stadium in no time, this stadium will do nothing more than continually piss off the people of Katy who already had a very good high school stadium.
SFA88
Quote:

Football heaven it might be, but looks bad when we pay teachers like peasants.
Compared to the Allen, McKinney, and the Prosper stadiums, this one looks almost pedestrian.

Yep, don't pay teachers very well, expect them to buy items for their classrooms out of their own pockets, can't afford decent heath care for them, and the state may have to cut their pensions but hey, as long as the districts can provide stadiums with great amenities for the fans (let's not kid ourselves, this is more about the fans than the players), everything is fine.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.