Support a Deaf Education classroom in Lufkin

2,135 Views | 2 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by nacluth
drhuggybear
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Hopefully this is allowed. My apologies if it isn't. If it isn't please delete the post with my sincerest apologies if this is against the rules of the site.

As most of you know, because I like to brag on her, my daughter is getting her degree in Deaf Education. She is a part of a student organization called Talking Hands. Talking Hands is doing a fundraiser to buy school supplies for a deaf education class in Lufkin. The teacher of that class is an Alumni of SFA's Deaf and Hard of Hearing program. When the Talking Hands group heard that the students needed school supplies they came up with a fund raiser to sell ASL based decals to raise the money. They will take all of the money raised and go buy school supplies for the classroom. The thought was to get some school supplies for the rest of the year but I thought ... hey let's see if we can really bless these kids and the teacher not only for the next month but possibly into next year.

Here is the link to the Facebook posting - Talking Hands Deaf Education Fundraiser

Now personally I don't do stickers on my truck but I did donate some money to them. If you want to donate to them I have their Venmo account that you could donate to or you can reach out to them via the Facebook posting.

Thanks everyone for your consideration in this.
djsfw57
drhuggybear said:

Hopefully this is allowed. My apologies if it isn't. If it isn't please delete the post with my sincerest apologies if this is against the rules of the site.

As most of you know, because I like to brag on her, my daughter is getting her degree in Deaf Education. She is a part of a student organization called Talking Hands. Talking Hands is doing a fundraiser to buy school supplies for a deaf education class in Lufkin. The teacher of that class is an Alumni of SFA's Deaf and Hard of Hearing program. When the Talking Hands group heard that the students needed school supplies they came up with a fund raiser to sell ASL based decals to raise the money. They will take all of the money raised and go buy school supplies for the classroom. The thought was to get some school supplies for the rest of the year but I thought ... hey let's see if we can really bless these kids and the teacher not only for the next month but possibly into next year.

Here is the link to the Facebook posting - Talking Hands Deaf Education Fundraiser

Now personally I don't do stickers on my truck but I did donate some money to them. If you want to donate to them I have their Venmo account that you could donate to or you can reach out to them via the Facebook posting.

Thanks everyone for your consideration in this.
Of course this idea is near and dear to my heart. Thanks for posting this.
drhuggybear
Hello all. Daughter here.

I am so thankful to those of you who have already helped our cause and to those of you who are considering helping.

However, I must ask for you, if you already sent your order through venmo, to comment your order on the Facebook. The person who is making the decals(the president) is not the person who has access to the venmo account(the treasurer). Therefore, she is having a hard time finding out what you paid for. She can however read the Facebook comments.

If you sent the money through venmo, simply add that to your comment along with the order. This goes for future purchases as well.

Sorry for any inconvenience. Thank you so much!
nacluth
Pretty cool. Thanks for posting!
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.