SFA Athletics Token

7,845 Views | 33 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by WallyBallSFA
CLHawkins
How long do you want to ignore this user?

I'm not smart enough to really understand what this is, but it seems pretty cool.
nacluth
Check below for more information...
SFA Jack Fanatic
CLHawkins said:

I'm not smart enough to really understand what this is, but it seems pretty cool.

I read through the info on the Lumberjack Sports Institute's website and now I'm pretty confused, too. "Tronwallet", "seed words", "Coinbase account". Geez. Did we just make a hard landing on Alderaan?
TallTexan
Oooook, I'm gonna have to read up on this. Seems "interesting".
WallyBallSFA
Hey Guys! Figured it was a good time to create an account as you bring up some great points. Love what you guys do and really appreciate your passion for the athletic department. I promise this will be the only topic I post on

Just a couple tidbits to guide your thinking as you adjust to this new tech:

1) We created our rewards token to help inspire and relate to a fan demographic that lives on their phones. We have some great utility planned to break that attention and get them back in the game within this tech that is not available in traditional rewards programs.

2) It is totally free. You literally could create one wallet without email and without name and never do anything aside from show up, scan our rewards QR code, get rewards and then cash them in for sponsor related benefits.

3). There will be those fans who wish to buy rewards faster than we give them at events and that is certainly their choice. You can also send them to a buddy to help them redeem a benefit on a secondary market if you want! Those that do so are likely also the same audience who have been doing it for years to buy new body armour or upgrades in video game tokens.

4). There is absolutely no gambling of any kind with our rewards program as the only value is what we list as redeemable benefits. If they ever accept them in Shreveport...let me know!

5) We are built on the Tron blockchain, not Ether, due to transaction speed and the need to move many people at events as well as the low transaction fees.

6) We have some really special announcements next week that will begin to shape the utility of our rewards token. Remember, we also have the Golden Jack which no one can get unless it is randomly dropped in their wallet mid-event. This is a premium prize token. So, instead of using a raffle ticket to award a tv at Bama, we use the GoldenJack to wallet holders.

7) We have a custom app on the way that will host the wallet so all is packaged in a really nice bundle for you. You are correct though, we are at the forefront of this and I love that SFA is defining this space. This is just the first step as we will get STEM and Sports Management involved for great research and case study opportunities in blockchain technology.

LOVE that you guys ventured out and began discussing this as that is the only way to learn. I would ask that you consider joining the SFA Athletics telegram group as that will be the ideal way to answer any future questions you might have. I will also frequent this topic from time to time with my mysterious username...

Have a great week and Axe Em!
Pilotgirl
WallyBallSFA said:

Hey Guys! Figured it was a good time to create an account as you bring up some great points. Love what you guys do and really appreciate your passion for the athletic department. I promise this will be the only topic I post on

Just a couple tidbits to guide your thinking as you adjust to this new tech:

1) We created our rewards token to help inspire and relate to a fan demographic that lives on their phones. We have some great utility planned to break that attention and get them back in the game within this tech that is not available in traditional rewards programs.

2) It is totally free. You literally could create one wallet without email and without name and never do anything aside from show up, scan our rewards QR code, get rewards and then cash them in for sponsor related benefits.

3). There will be those fans who wish to buy rewards faster than we give them at events and that is certainly their choice. You can also send them to a buddy to help them redeem a benefit on a secondary market if you want! Those that do so are likely also the same audience who have been doing it for years to buy new body armour or upgrades in video game tokens.

4). There is absolutely no gambling of any kind with our rewards program as the only value is what we list as redeemable benefits. If they ever accept them in Shreveport...let me know!

5) We are built on the Tron blockchain, not Ether, due to transaction speed and the need to move many people at events as well as the low transaction fees.

6) We have some really special announcements next week that will begin to shape the utility of our rewards token. Remember, we also have the Golden Jack which no one can get unless it is randomly dropped in their wallet mid-event. This is a premium prize token. So, instead of using a raffle ticket to award a tv at Bama, we use the GoldenJack to wallet holders.

7) We have a custom app on the way that will host the wallet so all is packaged in a really nice bundle for you. You are correct though, we are at the forefront of this and I love that SFA is defining this space. This is just the first step as we will get STEM and Sports Management involved for great research and case study opportunities in blockchain technology.

LOVE that you guys ventured out and began discussing this as that is the only way to learn. I would ask that you consider joining the SFA Athletics telegram group as that will be the ideal way to answer any future questions you might have. I will also frequent this topic from time to time with my mysterious username...

Have a great week and Axe Em!

This sounds really interesting and innovative! I'm all about enhancing the fan experience (and increasing attendance). Willing to give it a try
nacluth
Thanks WallyBallSFA for dropping in to fill us in on the help information. Sometimes us luddites need some help seeing the light. Of course as fans we're supportive of SFA coming up with new ways to draw us into the fan experience. It's clear someone (I'm sure a lot of some ones) has put a lot of work into making this a cool new platform for rewards.

I'll follow along through its development, and will be interested to see where this goes. I'm curious to know more about why blockchain technology is being used for this application (speed?). Thanks for taking the time to give a clear breakdown on how this will benefit the fans.
Ryan
Kinnaird Guitars
TallTexan
Is this our first SFA coach on the forums? We're big time now!
nacluth
I guess if we make a stink long enough, someone is going to smell something.
BigJack85
Awesome hearing from Wallyball!!!!!
Axe 'Em Jacks - Class of 85'
TallTexan
Once the full features of this launch next week, we should turn it into an official Sawmill article.

SFA athletics PR should make some media calls too, haven't heard of any other schools using tokens like that. Should atleast get some coverage.
TallTexan
SFAJack_76
PurpleOut
Staff
Welcome Wally!

Thanks for your post and overall work on this project. Can't wait to see it in action and see more.
PurpleOut
Staff
Also, just for some feedback, for a lot of our fans, I think there will need to be "extra" guidelines, and maybe some step by step details on how to get fully set up...and how it all works. It's fairly confusing to me, and I'm pretty tech savvy. I have the Tron Wallet set up, but don't see anything about how it's connected to SFA or anything about what to do after.
WallyBallSFA
Thanks for the welcome! You guys do a great job and we really appreciate your efforts and support.

We feel with the introduction of this new tech that smaller pieces is better for everyone involved. So, we released the token announcement, where to find it, how to learn more and the wallet we will integrate into the app so you get to know it better. That was just the beginning. Here is a sneak peek at what lies ahead from a dissemination of information standpoint:

1) Next week we will announce a major fall initiative so it will be much easier to bring into focus the creative ways our token can be used.

2) Following that announcement, we will get Purple Haze involved in the first rewards exchange at an athletic event to kick off the integration of our rewards token.

3). At that point we hope to have our app submitted and approved for download which will wrap SFA Athletics around everything. It will link to informative docs, our website, the wallet will be embeded and other really cool features that I can't share yet.

So, keep talking about it, keep learning about it and enjoy being in the position we are in and the attention that SFA has gotten the last day and a half as it is very special. Help others be patient as well as we are truly defining this space together. It says a lot when typing an email that Outlook autocorrect highlights "blockchain" as misspelled.

Lastly, this is a community rewards program. We can build this thing from the ground up. So, literally, if you can dream up a use for the token and we abide by NCAA rules, we will figure out a way to do it! So...start thinking and lets get this thing done bud!
WallyBallSFA
So, to boil all of that down to a simple and quick response for you guys. You did great downloading the wallet early! The next thing to do is to show up and scan the QR code to get token rewards. We will post the first basketball game date that we will drop tokens next week. The question is will there be a special GoldenJack token dropped that night...
SFAJack_76
Putting this here since it is somewhat tied to the token.

BigJack85
Very cool. GoldenJack token. Kind of like Willy Wonka and The Chocolate Factory
WallyBallSFA
ESports Tailgate absolutely tied to the token. Now you guys are getting the idea of token utility and activating new fan groups with modern rewards benefits instead of just hats and t-shirts. We will have two SFA Tokens-101 meetings from 6-630 on Monday & Tuesday next week. Beautiful STEM building inspiring the next generation thinkers:
WallyBallSFA
https://sfasportscience.com/lsi_event/sfa-token-club-101-meeting-1
nacluth
Is this open to the general public or just current students?
WallyBallSFA
Great question! Everything we do is open to the public as we want participation from the community. We will distribute rewards for attending and will walk through the wallet together. Come on out!
WallyBallSFA
Also, if you haven't seen Fred Savage and "The Wizard" (1989) you gotta watch it. That and "Ready Player One". Both are great movies that capture the energy we hope to create.
WallyBallSFA
Alrighty guys! We are rolling out our new content creator benefits. Finally, you guys will be rewarded with tokens for the great pieces you write on Twitter with #AxeEm as the tag. To participate, you just need to create a free account with your twitter login at: https://goseedit.io

Then, if you want your tokens to go to your main TronWallet wallet, copy and paste your main TronWallet address into the GoSeedIt account for Receiving Address. Thats it!

From there, we will look at posts with #AxeEm and send tokens from Twitter direct to your wallet! This is a GAME CHANGER when it comes to incentivizing social content creation. Have fun and lets keep this thing rockin'!
PurpleOut
Staff
This is awesome. Signed up with my main account, got the notification of 5 tokens. Checked the wallet and they're already there.
BigJack85
I've got it in my calendar.
SFA Jack Fanatic
Got my five tokens.
nacluth
Has a trade value been set for the tokens yet?
PurpleOut
Staff
nacluth said:

In the wallet app, on the main screen at the top, if it has "TRX" with the blue check mark....click on that and switch to USD. Basically 5 tokens is $2.50, if I'm understanding all of it correctly.
TallTexan
I tried to set mine up on the way to the game tonight, but no dice. Will have to double check everything tonight to make sure I did it right.
SFA Jack Fanatic
Someone at the SFA Sports Institute worked with me directly on Twitter to get it going and make sure I had set it up right and that I received my tokens. Try contacting them if you're having trouble.
TallTexan
SFA Jack Fanatic said:

Someone at the SFA Sports Institute worked with me directly on Twitter to get it going and make sure I had set it up right and that I received my tokens. Try contacting them if you're having trouble.

Will do.
CertifiedAxeman98
PurpleOut said:

nacluth said:

In the wallet app, on the main screen at the top, if it has "TRX" with the blue check mark....click on that and switch to USD. Basically 5 tokens is $2.50, if I'm understanding all of it correctly.
So I signed up for the tron wallet. Went to Seedit and linked it to my twitter account and then got a tip of 5 SFAAthletics. In the tron wallet it shows at the bottom I have 5 SFAAthletics. now sure how you can see that it was worth the $2.50. Also, what do I do with 5 SFAAthletics now that I have them and assuming there is a way to use them how do I get more?
WallyBallSFA
Hey Guys! Some really cool stuff coming out in the last couple days;

1) First, to clarify value of the SFAAthletic token. The SFAAthletic token has no USD value aside from our vendor trade and experience redemptions. Those are being added every couple of days. The TRX on the otherhand does have a value as that is the coin of the blockchain. That can be used to play games and buy other tokens. That is beyond our rewards program, but is an option that many people said they wanted to have the ability to learn. We will cover more of that in future Token - 202 seminars. Our 101 series is just for getting started.

2) We now have an official Twitch account as we will be streaming our tailgate competitions and other events on that platforms. REALLY COOL!

3) In the coming days we will be releasing A TON of information about our eSports programming for the summer and next year's official launch.

4) Lastly, more Test Dates were announced today for various sports to test functionality at those facilities. As excited as we are with how everything is going, we are still officially in our testing phase.

Stay tuned and keep saving dem tokens as we have SOME REALLY COOL experiences in the works
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.