Sawdust

5,757 Views | 15 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by TallTexan
BigJack85
How long do you want to ignore this user?
The new issue of Sawdust is headed our way. Story about one of my classmates (I only vaguely remember) is now the chairman of the board of Dollar General. For the record I'd prefer that it not be called Dollar General Field at Homer Bryce Stadoum but if it brought some significant improvements I could stomach it ....... maybe.
Axe 'Em Jacks - Class of 85'
TallTexan
BigJack85 said:

The new issue of Sawdust is headed our way. Story about one of my classmates (I only vaguely remember) is now the chairman of the board of Dollar General. For the record I'd prefer that it not be called Dollar General Field at Homer Bryce Stadoum but if it brought some significant improvements I could stomach it ....... maybe.
Hey we'll take it. Need all the prominent Jacks we can get.

I'll have to check out that issue. Dollar General is one of the fast growing companies in the country right now.
SFAJack_76
Dollar General Field doesn't sound too bad for the new, on campus, baseball facility. (Fingers crossed.)
TallTexan
SFAJack_76 said:

Dollar General Field doesn't sound too bad for the new, on campus, baseball facility. (Fingers crossed.)

Now you're talking. And in that spirit, it can always be dollar hotdog night.
SFAJack_76
TallTexan said:

SFAJack_76 said:

Now you're talking. And in that spirit, it can always be dollar hotdog night.
Coupled with dollar beer night. Guaranteed standing room only.
nacluth
Marketing geniuses.
BigJack85
Great marketing now we need some fund raising geniuses..........
SFAJack_76
BigJack85 said:

Indeed. The response to this is disappointing.

https://graphite.sfasu.edu/impact-crowdfunding/project/3
TallTexan
SFAJack_76 said:

BigJack85 said:

Thanks for the reminder!

Also, one of the ways to help solve this problem.

https://www.dipjar.com/

Saw a lot of these around Little Rock, raising money for all sorts of causes. If we had a few around the Basketball Arena & other sportsball venues, we could do impromtu fundraising for items like this.
BigJack85
Agreed 100%. These (Volleyball Rings) are the type of fundraising efforts that I would have assumed would be eclipsed in a short period of time.
TallTexan
BigJack85 said:

Agreed 100%. These (Volleyball Rings) are the type of fundraising efforts that I would have assumed would be eclipsed in a short period of time.
Honestly, does anyone outside of us on here know that we're fundraising for them?
BigJack85
Good point. I'd still think we'd find more than 9 donors......
Jacks4460
TallTexan said:

BigJack85 said:

Honestly, does anyone outside of us on here know that we're fundraising for them?
I let the Ath Dept. know that only Sawmillers are aware of this fundraisint effort... They said they will get something to let people know about this via social media and email... so we will see...
TallTexan
Jacks4460 said:

TallTexan said:

BigJack85 said:

I let the Ath Dept. know that only Sawmillers are aware of this fundraisint effort... They said they will get something to let people know about this via social media and email... so we will see...
Much appreciated. They should also setup a booth for it at the Bama game. No reason we shouldn't hit the goal.
PurpleForever
TallTexan said:

SFAJack_76 said:

BigJack85 said:

Thanks for the reminder!

Also, one of the ways to help solve this problem.

https://www.dipjar.com/

Saw a lot of these around Little Rock, raising money for all sorts of causes. If we had a few around the Basketball Arena & other sportsball venues, we could do impromtu fundraising for items like this.

Have dollar beer night and put these things all around, no more fundraising issues. Just a lot of hungover phone calls the next day.
SFAJack_76
Jacks4460 said:

TallTexan said:

BigJack85 said:

I also posted in the Volleyball forum.

TallTexan
Here's the feature.

http://www.sfasu.edu/sawdust/issue-18-winter/feature-accounting-success.html
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.