HS Football - Katy vs. North Shore

4,044 Views | 12 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by nacluth
SFA Jack Fanatic
How long do you want to ignore this user?
If you're in the Houston area, the Katy vs. North Shore game is being broadcast right now on Channel 57, The Kube. These are the two premier football programs in the Houston Area. North Shore is ranked #2 in Texas and Katy #6. North Shore is 12-0 and Katy 11-1, with their only loss to North Shore in Week 1.
SFA Jack Fanatic
North Shore defeats Katy 49-38.
BigJack85
Wowzers.
Axe 'Em Jacks - Class of 85'
SFAJack_76
I have two nieces that went to Katy. Those fans are truly fanatics.
SFA Jack Fanatic
North Shore is LOADED. Lots of D-1 commits. Strong in all phases of the game. I don't know much about the teams in the other three 6-A regions in the state, but whoever faces them in the next three weeks is going to have to be mighty good to beat North Shore. Two wins over a very strong Katy team is pretty darned impressive.
sfajack05
Glad Longview is in the other division for 6A playoffs.
Txjack
We live just outside of Katy (Richmond)...Katy Football is basically a D-II program. Always a powerhouse; I was surprised to see them go down to N.Shore. I have kids in the Foster system (5A) and they are surprisingly in the regional finals--keep an eye on Ryan Stubblefield, QB. Dual threat, elusive, fun to watch. Great weekend coming for HS football.
SFA Jack Fanatic
Txjack said:

We live just outside of Katy (Richmond)...Katy Football is basically a D-II program. Always a powerhouse; I was surprised to see them go down to N.Shore. I have kids in the Foster system (5A) and they are surprisingly in the regional finals--keep an eye on Ryan Stubblefield, QB. Dual threat, elusive, fun to watch. Great weekend coming for HS football.

Yeah, Foster has sort of come alive in the playoffs. Didn't they finish 3rd or 4th in their district? But they beat previously undefeated Hutto last week, so they're playing well now.
cboothe09
North Shore is LOADED this year. The final 8 in 6A DI is impressive...
Southlake Carroll vs. Duncanville - SLC
Allen vs. Midway - Allen
North Shore vs. Cy Fair - NS
Lake Travis vs. Converse Judson - LT
SFA Jack Fanatic
cboothe09 said:

North Shore is LOADED this year. The final 8 in 6A DI is impressive...
Southlake Carroll vs. Duncanville - SLC
Allen vs. Midway - Allen
North Shore vs. Cy Fair - NS
Lake Travis vs. Converse Judson - LT
You are right. Almost all of the usual Big Boy characters have made it through so far. I'm going against you on a couple of games...

Carroll
Midway
North Shore
Judson
cboothe09
I wouldn't be sad to see things work out like that.

Coaching buddy of mine works at The Woodlands, and he said Allen isn't what they are hyped up to be. People hear Allen and think of the Kyler Murray years, but this isn't the same team. They are beatable, they just feasted on a down Metroplex this year.

Judson is the sneaky good team in this mix, but have the toughest road ahead. Lake Travis and then the winner of North Shore/Cy Fair. Whoever comes out of that foursome will be battle tested.
CLHawkins
I have been to most of the Allen games this year. While they aren't the same team from the Kyler years, they are basically the same team that won State last year. They weren't tested at all during the regular season so they are just now getting a taste of competitive games in they playoffs, but they have controlled every game so far. They will have to play bad for them to get knocked off. They didn't play great against the Woodlands and still beat them. If they are playing their best football they will be very hard to beat.
Txjack
edstile said:

Txjack said:

Yeah, Foster has sort of come alive in the playoffs. Didn't they finish 3rd or 4th in their district? But they beat previously undefeated Hutto last week, so they're playing well now.
Yeah, they were inconsistent throughout the season (we lost bad to Angleton at Homecoming), I had assumed Angleton would go late into the playoffs but they wound up losing to Hutto. Foster's coach (McDowell) accepted...then turned down a coaching position with Baylor this year to return to Foster. Weird season...
nacluth
North Shore wins on a Hail Mary!

Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.