"Let Texas UIL Basketball Players Roll Their Shorts"

2,980 Views | 4 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by Txjack
SFA Jack Fanatic
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Remember "back in the day" when boys and men's BB players wore short-shorts? They could be making a comeback in Texas high schools if some people get their way.

There's actually a petition on Change.org by the name of "Let Texas UIL Basketball Players Roll Their Shorts". It seems that some high school players are saying that the long shorts interfere with dribbling and handling the ball and that the shorts almost become full pajamas on some of the shorter guys. The petition has 16,800 signatures at this point.
cboothe09
Kinda crazy there is a change.org petition, but I guess people will petition anything these days.

Shorter shorts and tighter fit uniforms are becoming the trend again, especially with the material being so much more flexible. The uniforms themselves come down to the coaches and their orders they make...
Txjack
Everything old is new again...will canvas shoes make a comeback, lol? Wish we could bring back the Pistol...

Txjack
Txjack said:

Everything old is new again...will canvas shoes make a comeback, lol? Wish we could bring back the Pistol...

Now that I am thinking about it, everyone in my family has a couple of pair of Chuck Taylors, Converse HAS made a comeback, just not on the court....
SFA Jack Fanatic
Txjack said:

Died way too early at the age of 40. He was the definition of a pure shooter.
Txjack
edstile said:

Txjack said:

Died way too early at the age of 40. He was the definition of a pure shooter.
And a ball handling magician...I could watch his highlight videos all day. I feel he is largely forgotten.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.