Homecoming Auction

4,857 Views | 13 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by TallTexan
PurpleOut
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Staff
Lots of good stuff available: https://www.biddingforgood.com/auction/auctionhome.action?vhost=sfahomecoming
TallTexan
They've got some awesome items!
PurpleOut
Staff
The reserves however, are not awesome. I get it's a good cause, but I don't understand having such high reserves. To where if it's not met, nobody gets the item AND the get $0. Doesn't make sense, maybe it's just me.
TallTexan
PurpleOut said:

The reserves however, are not awesome. I get it's a good cause, but I don't understand having such high reserves. To where if it's not met, nobody gets the item AND the get $0. Doesn't make sense, maybe it's just me.

Ya a few of them are kinda ridiculous.
BigJack85
I'll be looking.
Axe 'Em Jacks - Class of 85'
drhuggybear
PurpleOut said:

Good to see that I wasn't the only one looking at the reserves and thinking ... nope. I looked through there thinking that I was going to bid on several items then when I saw the reserves I decided most weren't worth that much to me.
Jeff
Axe'Em Jacks
TallTexan
This is pretty sweet.

nacluth
Cool. We've been talking about donating a guitar made out of purpleheart to SFA, but honestly didn't know they did this. Something to check into.
TallTexan
nacluth said:

Cool. We've been talking about donating a guitar made out of purpleheart to SFA, but honestly didn't know they did this. Something to check into.
That would be so awesome.

But if you donate a guitar to the school, we'll have to get Blake Taylor back as the Lumberjack.
Jacks4460
The reason for this auction is to raise some revenue.. so if you are looking at it like a store"I can get a better deal somewhere else" then you are probably looking at it the wrong way.. You should want to give to your school (if you can) so that your school can better its image or build better things for its current students. With this you give and you could get something back in return.. We need more alumni to donate to our school...I realize that is easier said than done...
TallTexan
Jacks4460 said:

The reason for this auction is to raise some revenue.. so if you are looking at it like a store"I can get a better deal somewhere else" then you are probably looking at it the wrong way.. You should want to give to your school (if you can) so that your school can better its image or build better things for its current students. With this you give and you could get something back in return.. We need more alumni to donate to our school...I realize that is easier said than done...
I think it's just the simple fact of having a super high reserve deters bidders in the first place.
JeffDavis02
FYI....Most of the experience items are consignment items that cost x amount, and have a small profit margin built in for the organization. So SFA Alumni has to pay the online auction company for the item, and that is why the reserves are high and must be met.
PurpleOut
Staff
Jeff Davis!

Yeah that makes sense, but some of them (like the Coaching Experience) aren't.
JeffDavis02
I should have guessed, you would be after that one! Hope all is well in Lumberjack Land!
TallTexan
JeffDavis02 said:

FYI....Most of the experience items are consignment items that cost x amount, and have a small profit margin built in for the organization. So SFA Alumni has to pay the online auction company for the item, and that is why the reserves are high and must be met.
Gotcha. Figured most were donated.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.