Life Update

5,516 Views | 14 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by SFA Jack Fanatic
INiedrauer
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Staff
Sawmillers,

I wanted to drop a quick note to explain why we've been so quiet the last couple weeks and where I've been. We'll be cranking out content again momentarily. To be clear, none of the below changes what we're doing here.

For the past five years, Nacogdoches, Texas has been my home. My wife Jacy and I met here, we got married here, and we welcomed my daughter Nora here. A part of us will never leave.

Sometimes we change plans and sometimes opportunities come calling that change plans for us. I accepted a reunion in Dallas this weekend with a former employer as a technical strategist in the world of private equity. It is a very exciting chance to build something special with an up-and-coming tech company - the kind you absolutely cannot say no to. We move next month.

This site won't change and there will be plenty of miles burned between Dallas and Nacogdoches over the coming years while we continue to get better and better at delivering content and insider information to fellow SFA fans. I look forward to growing our team here with another consistent boots-on-the-ground voice as well.

In the meantime, we'll be three hours away in the greatest city in the world, the city that never sleeps: Dallas.
-
Isaac Niedrauer
@INiedrauer

nacluth
Congratulations Isaac! We know that you'll do great in your new position if you put half of your passion that you have put into the the Sawmill. We look forward to hearing more great news. Let us know how we can help out.

And once you figure out this equity thing, let us know where we can send our checks.
Ryan
Kinnaird Guitars
Jacks4460
Isaac you do an awsome job dude and I appreciate this place to talk Lumberjack Sports. Very thankful for your time and effort put into this forum..
TallTexan
So do you think it'll take 10 or 15 years for that private equity fortune? Phonejacks will want to know how much you plan to donate to the basketball program.
pa guy
10-15 years? I think we underestimate Isaac's resolve and business savvy. He will quickly be a bazillionaire philanthropist and construction will soon begin between Lufkin and Nacogdoches on the Isaac Niedrauer Regional Airport.
SFA Jack Fanatic
pa guy said:

10-15 years? I think we underestimate Isaac's resolve and business savvy. He will quickly be a bazillionaire philanthropist and construction will soon begin between Lufkin and Nacogdoches on the Isaac Niedrauer Regional Airport.
Maybe he'll toss in an on-campus baseball/softball complex, too. Go for it, Isaac!
TallTexan
pa guy said:

True, but I figured he'd blow the first future on that island in the Maldives. And we'd get the Neidrauer regional after he makes his money back.

But to be fair, I'm totally fine with him buying that island first as long as he's got a Sawmiller's discount to stay there.
SFA Jack Fanatic
TallTexan said:

pa guy said:

True, but I figured he'd blow the first future on that island in the Maldives. And we'd get the Neidrauer regional after he makes his money back.

But to be fair, I'm totally fine with him buying that island first as long as he's got a Sawmiller's discount to stay there.
I agree. That's not too much to ask of him. But we'll have to wait sooooo dang long to get it.
Gazette1
Congrats Isaac!
drhuggybear
Congrats. Be safe in the move and good luck in the new job.
SFA Jack Fanatic
How about checking in every once in a while during your transition, Isaac? We need an occasional Issacism to keep our purple blood flowing and to be sure you didn't drive off into a ditch on I-20.

(And that home page photo of Fitzgerald is getting a bit old, too....)
Gazette1
Congratulations Isaac. Give us some recruiting news or at least some rumors soon.
TallTexan
Gazette1 said:

Congratulations Isaac. Give us some recruiting news or at least some rumors soon.

I mean, you can even make it up. Predict we're signing everybody or something. Home and home with Duke. Getting a mystery big man grad transfer. Whatever it takes, we just miss you.
Gazette1
I see that we have offered Montana transfer Karl Nicholas. If I am reading it right it is for 2018. He is a six foot seven small forward. I would've thought that we would have used that thirteenth scholarship on a point guard. Nicholas would have to sit out one year also. Could it possibly be that Fisher or Grujic is transferring out? Let's get a conversation going. I'm bored!
Gazette1
Isaac! Don't let a little thing like your job get in the way of giving us some news and rumors. Where are your priorities? Lol!
SFA Jack Fanatic
Gazette1 said:

I see that we have offered Montana transfer Karl Nicholas. If I am reading it right it is for 2018. He is a six foot seven small forward. I would've thought that we would have used that thirteenth scholarship on a point guard. Nicholas would have to sit out one year also. Could it possibly be that Fisher or Grujic is transferring out? Let's get a conversation going. I'm bored!

Navigate over to the 'Thoughts For Next Year' thread in the WRJ Forum, Gazette. Conversation going on there.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.