2018 SFA BASEBALL

78,311 Views | 307 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by nacluth
SFA Jack Fanatic
How long do you want to ignore this user?
SFAXE93 said:

triple, score on a fielding error ball game 7-6 Texas State with the sweep

0-10; 12 straight losses.

Man wind out of sails moment
Unreal... The "Powers-That-Be" at SFA have to be embarrassed by what's going on. But what can they do? Fire the coach 10 games in??
SFAJack_76
Great question for AD candidates.
nacluth
We found a way to snatch defeat out of the arms of victory.
SFASawmillGuy
How many more games are there? This season feels like it's been going on forever.
SFASawmillGuy
I like Cardenas. I do. He's a good guy, he's a huge SFA supporter. He has not prepared this team to win at all. Yes this could be seen as a rebuilding year, but I've been told it's a rebuilding year every single year he's been the head coach. Eventually he needs to put together a team that knows how to win, and won't just coast on the occasional 4 or 5 game stretch followed by 10 games of mediocrity.
I expect a win next time out btw.
Chuber
We have lost 4 starting pitchers.. Head Coaches cannot prepare for that. I'm there at each game, I see his work and effort, and lets remember we are still not in conference play. The wheels haven't fallen off the bus, they are just being rotated and rebalanced... hope to see you Tuesday or this weekend. These young men are fighting and could use your support.....#onefamily
SFAJack_76
Chuber said:

We have lost 4 starting pitchers.. Head Coaches cannot prepare for that. I'm there at each game, I see his work and effort, and lets remember we are still not in conference play. The wheels haven't fallen off the bus, they are just being rotated and rebalanced... hope to see you Tuesday or this weekend. These young men are fighting and could use your support.....#onefamily
I will support the team when I can. Difficult to lose those starting pitchers. I have no doubt they all are working hard.

It is not just pitching with an 8.06 ERA, but also a batting average of 0.227 and a fielding percentage of .946 that ranks 282 out of 297 reporting D1 teams. Looking for a silver lining with no success.
SFASawmillGuy
Chuber said:

If Clint Conque should be able to prepare for half the team getting injured and Kyle Keller should prepare for a below average team to be hot from 3 why can't Cardenas prepare? Lol.

Kidding aside, I agree that what Johnny's being tasked with is difficult, but I feel like he's been in this same situation almost every season he's been here. He has a few good pieces but by the time he can bring in what's missing the good pieces graduate. Eventually you'd think that he'd be able to build a somewhat decent team.
And I agree that it's hard to recruit with our facilities but if that's gonna be our excuse, why even have a baseball team period? We know we're not getting new baseball facilities anytime soon, so does that mean we're never going to be able to recruit well enough to have a consistently good ball club?

I'd be at the game if not for living in Houston, but I try to make it to as many as I can. I love SFA athletics, football, basketball, baseball, everything. Everyone likes to dog football but honestly we're much better in football and consistently better than in baseball.

I want to see SFA making a conference tourney run in baseball that isn't s one and done thing.
SFASawmillGuy
I loved that they brought baseball to SFA, but I think one of the stupidest decisions ever was to put us in the crappy facilities they did.
An off campus facility isn't a bad idea, but one that's all the way across town and honestly really hard to find if you've never been before, not very welcoming for fans.
SFAXE93
6-2 Jacks in the 7th. Heard with 5 innings of pitching.

"History has no rubbish heap." Louis Blake Duff
SFAXE93
check that 6-4 Jacks with bases loaded for Texas Southern 2 outs
SFAXE93
K'ed got out of that one.

6-4 Jacks bottom of the 7th
SFAXE93
2 out double to right field, Jacks score

7-4
SFAXE93
To the 8th

7-4
SFAXE93
bases loaded with Jacks
SFAXE93
2 out single to right field two score 9-4 Jacks

runners at the corners
SFAXE93
3 outs away

9-4 Jacks

Bring out Starks
SFAXE93
2 away
SFAXE93
BALLGAME!

9-4

1-10! Climbing back to .500
nacluth
Great job Jacks. Let's get this ship righted.
Chuber
Great job to see Hearn step up as a starter. Saw some positives but agree got quit leaving so many runners on base. ULM here and Coach Collins is now with ULM should be interesting.
SFA Jack Fanatic
SFAXE93 said:

BALLGAME!

9-4

1-10! Climbing back to .500
Don't wake me if I'm dreaming... Hallelujah!
SFAJack_76
Happy for the win. TSU will be disappointed with missed opportunities with 13 LOB.
nacluth
C. Arkansas destroyed Miss. Valley St. 27-2.
SFAXE93
SFA (1-10) vs. Louisiana-Monroe (9-3)

LM has not lost a series this season including 2 sweeps.

Today 6:30
SFAXE93
Top of the 9th SFA down by one 7-8
SFAXE93
Lost 7-9

1-11
SFAJack_76
SFAXE93 said:

Lost 7-9

1-11
Sad. Simply sad.
SFAJack_76
10-7 win over ULM. 2-11 with the rubber match on Sunday. A series win over a decent team would be a great step forward.
SFAJack_76
13-11 win over ULM. Take the series 2-1.
SFA Jack Fanatic
SFAJack_76 said:

13-11 win over ULM. Take the series 2-1.
"There's a light up above!"
SFAJack_76
13-6 win over Prarie View. Three in a row and four out of last five.
SFA Jack Fanatic
SFAJack_76 said:

Just curious... What is the team ERA at this point?
SFAJack_76
edstile said:

SFAJack_76 said:

Just curious... What is the team ERA at this point?
Not good, but improved to 7.4 from being north of 8. Batting average is up about 30 points to .253. Opponents are batting nearly .300.

We are going to have to out score teams to win. Pitching won't do it.
SFAXE93
Yes, have to out score them, kind of like our football program.

Have the bats on this team to do it, but hope the pitching improves.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.