2021 Baseball

20,391 Views | 153 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by TallTexan
SFAJack_76
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Two games out of first after the 0-5 start by seven total runs. Next SLC series at home against SLU on April 16-18.
SFAXE93
OK, I guess we are playing Grambling State next. Man my eyes must be getting bad cause I saw Texas.

PurpleOut
Staff
Still have Texas on Wednesday. Horns play Corpus the night before.
SFAJack_76
SFAXE93 said:

OK, I guess we are playing Grambling State next. Man my eyes must be getting bad cause I saw Texas.

This game just got added.
TallTexan
SFAJack_76
TallTexan said:

Cardenas played 20 position guys, and threw 8 pitchers. Good game to pick up on short notice. On to Austin.
SFA Jack Fanatic
SFA @ UT tonight at 6:30 pm on Longhorn Network.
TallTexan
SFA Jack Fanatic said:

SFA @ UT tonight at 6:30 pm on Longhorn Network.

This is a win I'd love to bring home.
TallTexan
PurpleOut
Staff
We have an Alumni meeting next Friday, if I can stay over I plan on going to that night game.
TallTexan
Well that inning was rough but could have been way worse.
Ljacks&Longnecks
Game was tight until the umpire said "Play Ball".
SFA Jack Fanatic
I haven't often seen a starting pitcher look so unnerved and unprepared to pitch in a college game as ours was tonight. And he was paying more attention to the runners on base than to the batters. I've seen dozens of high school pitchers more composed than him. This was the first time I've seen him pitch, so is he always like this???
PurpleOut
Staff
Don't think we have the guns to win against a team like Texas, but that 2nd inning was a game changer. The play by the Texas SS saved two runs...and then this questionable call below would have ended the Texas half.

Maybe wouldn't have mattered overall, but a 4-0 game vs a 2-2 game would have looked very different.
TallTexan
PurpleOut said:

Don't think we have the guns to win against a team like Texas, but that 2nd inning was a game changer. The play by the Texas SS saved two runs...and then this questionable call below would have ended the Texas half.

Maybe wouldn't have mattered overall, but a 4-0 game vs a 2-2 game would have looked very different.
Even Swindell thought it was a strike.
SFAJack_76
SFA Jack Fanatic said:

I haven't often seen a starting pitcher look so unnerved and unprepared to pitch in a college game as ours was tonight. And he was paying more attention to the runners on base than to the batters. I've seen dozens of high school pitchers more composed than him. This was the first time I've seen him pitch, so is he always like this???
I have seen Stobart pitch, and have seen him pitch very well. This, however, is his second really bad start in a row. Unnerved, and unprepared is not how I would characterize it. I don't know if it is mechanics or mental, but we need him to be the guy that went 7 against McNeese giving up 1 run on 3 hits with only 1 BB and 7 K's. Overall, that was a disappointing game by the pitching staff. Twelve walks is unacceptable.
SFAJack_76
PurpleOut
Staff
You can't have that many walks really against anyone and expect to win, definitely can't against a Top 5 team.
TallTexan
PurpleOut said:

You can't have that many walks really against anyone and expect to win, definitely can't against a Top 5 team.

Yep. Outhit them but the walks killed us. Seemed like we were 2-0 against every batter, and the Texas pitchers played from ahead in the count all night.

Oh well, better to learn that in a weeknight game than a weekend series.
SFA Jack Fanatic
SFAJack_76 said:

SFA Jack Fanatic said:

I have seen Stobart pitch, and have seen him pitch very well. This, however, is his second really bad start in a row. Unnerved, and unprepared is not how I would characterize it. I don't know if it is mechanics or mental, but we need him to be the guy that went 7 against McNeese giving up 1 run on 3 hits with only 1 BB and 7 K's. Overall, that was a disappointing game by the pitching staff. Twelve walks is unacceptable.
He looked like his head was going to come unscrewed when he was looking at base runners so many times in each at-bat. He certainly looked unnerved to me. A pitcher needs to have a calm demeanor even in tough situations, and he certainly didn't have one.
SFAJack_76
TallTexan
Sometimes we don't do ourselves any favors.

Last night two end up intentional walks in the 9th.

Today, with a lead, more walks and then an error on a watch it all the way into your glove outfield fly.
TallTexan
Loaded the bases in the top of the 9th but it wasn't enough. Game ending double play.

Oh well, most important series is the weekend ones.
PurpleOut
Staff
Another tough loss, bases loaded in the 9th and hit into the double play.

Big series this weekend! I'll be there on Friday if anyone is around.
SFAJack_76
KirkHeath12
Wish they would sell the under armour baseball hats online.
Class of 2012
Axe Em
SFAJack_76
Just putting this here.

ACU - 0/4/3
UT - 18/17/1
PurpleOut
Staff
4 game sweep by SLU, that didn't help.
TallTexan
PurpleOut said:

Am I wrong or are we taking a postseason ban this year?
PurpleOut
Staff
TallTexan said:

PurpleOut said:

Am I wrong or are we taking a postseason ban this year?
Yeah we are.
PurpleOut
Staff
We were up 9-4 on UCA in the 6th.

Then lost 10-9.
TallTexan
PurpleOut said:

We were up 9-4 on UCA in the 6th.

Then lost 10-9.

Well that's frustrating.
cboothe09
Took Game 1 from Sam last night 6-3...Doubleheader today
BigJack85
cboothe09 said:

Took Game 1 from Sam last night 6-3...Doubleheader today

Any victory over Sam is a quality win.
PurpleOut
Staff
Got smoked in Corpus this weekend, and continuing a falling trend in the standings at 3rd from last now.

13-18 in SLC play, 16-27 overall.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.