2017-2018 Ladyjacks

43,068 Views | 224 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by SFAJack_76
nacluth
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Great news! They deserve it!
Ryan
Kinnaird Guitars
BigJack85
INiedrauer said:

We have a Ladyjacks person who is starting hopefully in a couple weeks. End of the fall semester.

They (Ladyjacks) are starting to look like the real deal. Awesome with the new reporter
Axe 'Em Jacks - Class of 85'
SFA Jack Fanatic
INiedrauer said:

We have a Ladyjacks person who is starting hopefully in a couple weeks. End of the fall semester.
OK, don't leave us hanging. Who is it? Any experience at this sort of thing?
nacluth
Nice presser by Coach K at the Fredonia Hotel.

Ladyjacks Presser

Isaac, can you tell us more about these? Are they open to the public? Set time every week? Just curious how they have it working.
INiedrauer
Staff
They're sponsored by the Fredonia but conducted for the live streaming at SFA in their post-game interview room. Far as I know it's just credentialed media but they live stream it on Facebook and take questions that way. Slightly different times each week but always on Monday morning (much like with Conque/Humphries, etc during the fall season).
-
Isaac Niedrauer
@INiedrauer

nacluth
Thanks a lot!
SFAJack_76
http://www.collegeinsider.com/womens-mid-major-top-25.php

Ladyjacks beat South Dakota by 22 So they drop from from 22 to 24 in the mid-major poll. Ladyjacks get one lousy point. Well, wow.

Important two winnable games for them in Montana this week.
BigJack85
Crazy stuff. Ladyjacks deserve to be ranked. Surprised at the lack of voting integrity in the ladies mid major poll.
Axe 'Em Jacks - Class of 85'
nacluth
Ridiculous. I'm not saying that the Ladyjacks deserve to be in the top 25 after beating Southern Miss and South Dakota, but SD doesn't deserve to be there with their record and getting destroyed by a non-ranked midmajor.
nacluth
The ladies just played one ugly first half against Montana down 32-21. 9 in the first quarter and 12 in the second. Last game they scored 32 in the first quarter against S. Dakota. They will need to regroup the second half. It's a big trip which is hard to get your legs, but on paper this should be a win for us. Hopefully a strong second half will get us back into it.

Free video feed is decent.
Ryan
Kinnaird Guitars
nacluth
Boy this is a dud of a game. Ladyjacks are almost through three quarters. Stevi Parker has 0 points!

Parker finally hit a 3 to keep the deficit at 11 going into the final quarter.
nacluth
That's one that we will want back. Hopefully Saturday is a better game.
SFAJack_76
That one is definitely in the bad loss category. I think we have a good team, but this and the OT win against Alcorn are head scratchers. Have to learn how to win on the road for SLC play.
SFA Jack Fanatic
In the midst of all of the hubbub about the Jacks beating LSU, let's not forget the Ladyjacks, who got the 300th career win for coach Mark Kellogg last night. Ladies go to 7-3 on the year and 5-0 at home.
SFA Jack Fanatic
Hey, Isaac, Jon, or Matt.... How about weekly WBB SLC Power Rankings? Inquiring (and caring) minds want to know.

(Heck, either Nacluth or me could do it if no staff members are able to.)
SFAJack_76
INiedrauer said:

Still happening?
nacluth
edstile said:

How about weekly WBB SLC Power Rankings? Inquiring (and caring) minds want to know.

(Heck, either Nacluth or me could do it if no staff members are able to.)
Hey wait a second...oh you're right, I would do it if you need me. UConn is first place, then SFA, ACU, UCA, Howard Payne, and HBU wins the SLC tournament shooting 78% from 3 after averaging 12% all year.
Ryan
Kinnaird Guitars
SFA Jack Fanatic
nacluth said:

Hey wait a second...oh you're right, I would do it if you need me. UConn is first place, then SFA, ACU, UCA, Howard Payne, and HBU wins the SLC tournament shooting 78% from 3 after averaging 12% all year.
Uh, I think you just talked yourself out of that potentially very lucrative gig, Ryan...
nacluth
My wife always says I seem a lot smarter when I keep my mouth shut.
SFA Jack Fanatic
nacluth said:

My wife always says I seem a lot smarter when I keep my mouth shut.
You obviously married above your pay grade.
nacluth
Too true. She says that all the time too.
INiedrauer
Staff
SFAJack_76 said:

INiedrauer said:

Still happening?
It's still happening and hopefully it will mean a lot more Ladyjacks attention. Of course, if anyone wants to volunteer their time to write some Ladyjacks-centered stuff, I'd be delighted to publish it on the front-end of the site.
-
Isaac Niedrauer
@INiedrauer

SFAJack_76
Went to the Ladyjack vs SELA game. Ahead 42-19 at the half. Played horrible the second half giving up 48 points and won by 12. At least it was a win. Against a team that is now 1-11.

Between that second half and watching the guys score, made for a very disappointing basketball night.
nacluth
Congrats to the Ladies for starting 1-0. A bad team, an easy win, but check off number one.
nacluth
Nice 12 point lead at half over Nicholls for the ladies!
Ryan
Kinnaird Guitars
nacluth
Girls 2-0 after a nice finish in Thibodaux.
Ryan
Kinnaird Guitars
nacluth
Ladyjacks are not playing stellar ball in Natchitoches, but it helps that the Lady Demons just shoot on a wing and a prayer. Being demons, no prayers have been answered. Jacks doubling up on the score in the third.
Ryan
Kinnaird Guitars
nacluth
Girls clean it up to go 3-0.
Ryan
Kinnaird Guitars
nacluth
The Ladyjacks do what needs to be done in Nawlins to go to 4-0 and keep pace with UCA/ACU. Go Jacks!
Ryan
Kinnaird Guitars
SFA Jack Fanatic
nacluth said:

The Ladyjacks do what needs to be done in Nawlins to go to 4-0 and keep pace with UCA/ACU. Go Jacks!
UCA, ACU, SFA -- This is shaping up to be a repeat of last the last few seasons.
nacluth
An absolutely dominant first quarter by the Ladyjacks to go up 18-5 through the first 10 minutes against UIW.
nacluth
28-18 through the relatively low scoring first half.
nacluth
Ladies wrap it up 60-49 to keep the undefeated streak alive. They led wire to wire even if UIW brought it down to 3 late. Taylor Jackson was on fire to lead all scorers with 20.
ACUCattitude
ACU women are on the way to Nach for a huge SLC game tomorrow night. This is the first big conference test for both teams. The Cats got 5 of their first 6 games at home where they were dominant but road games are very different. ACU will bring one of the best backcourts in the SLC and have 5 post players 6'1" or taller to try and keep Stevie in check. Ought to be a very close, hard-fought game.

It's gonna be worth your time to get out for this game. Wish I could be there.
nacluth
I know someone at the SLC thinks they're real slick coordinating so many games where the men play in one arena and the women play in the other, so both schools have home games. But when they're at the same time, it sucks that fans have to make a choice EVERY game. I'm probably going to be home watching the men's game when I should be at the Coliseum watching the women live.

This game is huge for the women's side. I know technically UCA is probably going to be the toughest for both teams, this is a huge early season test to see who's done what it takes to get better in the offseason. I'm glad we've got home court advantage, and I hope the turnout is there.
Ryan
Kinnaird Guitars

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.