2017-2018 Ladyjacks

42,588 Views | 224 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by SFAJack_76
Jon
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Ladyjacks will know where they play next by this evening, hoping to get some good competition without travelling too far.
- Jon Godeaux
nacluth
Wow! WNIT bound! Unbelievable selection for the women for a great season. George Mason on Friday!

Axe 'em Ladyjacks!

Btw Lamar got TCU.
Ljacks&Longnecks
Well we have to thank Rutgers for our WNIT bid according to what I saw on Yahoo sports. Rutgers originally accepted a bid and then turned it down and SFA got in on that spot.
Glad to see they get another shot and hope they run with it and make a little WNIT noise.
SFAJack_76
Ljacks&Longnecks said:

Well we have to thank Rutgers for our WNIT bid according to what I saw on Yahoo sports. Rutgers originally accepted a bid and then turned it down and SFA got in on that spot.
Glad to see they get another shot and hope they run with it and make a little WNIT noise.
That explains it. The release I saw last night did not have us in. The on line release still says one team from the Southland. Good news. I hope they take advantage of the opportunity.
SFAJack_76
Central Arkansas is hosting a first round game in the 16 team WBI.
SFAJack_76
Nicholls gets to go to Starkville to play Mississippi State. That one will be ugly.
SFA Jack Fanatic
SFAJack_76 said:

Nicholls gets to go to Starkville to play Mississippi State. That one will be ugly.
So, I assume that Nicholls is a 16 seed. IMO, that really should be a 19 seed, since they were the 4th best team in the SLC. Just sayin'....

MSU by 50. The Lady Cowbells will be mad as hornets after suffering their first loss to Georgia the other day.
SFAJack_76
Lamar loses to TCU 80-68 in the WNIT.

Central Arkansas wins 51-39 over SIUE in the WBI. Host Weber State on Monday in a quarterfinal.
TallTexan
Still got one basketball team to support this year. Let's go ladyjacks.
nacluth
Ladyjacks couldn't pull off the upset at George Mason. They played a tough game and tightened it late, but just didn't have quite enough buckets. Great year ladies.
SFA Jack Fanatic
nacluth said:

Ladyjacks couldn't pull off the upset at George Mason. They played a tough game and tightened it late, but just didn't have quite enough buckets. Great year ladies.
82-75. George Mason had a run to start the 4th, and the Ladyjacks couldn't catch up. Thanks for a great year, Ladyjacks!
SFAJack_76
edstile said:

SFAJack_76 said:

So, I assume that Nicholls is a 16 seed. IMO, that really should be a 19 seed, since they were the 4th best team in the SLC. Just sayin'....

MSU by 50. The Lady Cowbells will be mad as hornets after suffering their first loss to Georgia the other day.
Close. 95-50 final.
SFAJack_76
SFAJack_76
Congratulations to both these young ladies. Harvey gets her diploma in two years while playing D1 basketball. I am impressed!

SFA Jack Fanatic
SFAJack_76 said:

Congratulations to both these young ladies. Harvey gets her diploma in two years while playing D1 basketball. I am impressed!

So, will she be playing two more years as a graduate student?
SFAJack_76
edstile said:

SFAJack_76 said:

So, will she be playing two more years as a graduate student?
I assume and certainly hope so. Being a graduate does give her a lot of options.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.