2017-2018 Schedule

23,252 Views | 104 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by PurpleOut
No-look
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Loving the schedule. Get a few wins and develope the chemistry within the team and get into the harder games.
sfa17
Hopefully, last season was a roller-coaster ride that i never want to be on again. one day we are the best team in SLC, next day we cant make a shot to save our lives. I'm trying to not get my expectations too high but it hard.
No-look
sfa17 said:

Hopefully, last season was a roller-coaster ride that i never want to be on again. one day we are the best team in SLC, next day we cant make a shot to save our lives. I'm trying to not get my expectations too high but it hard.
This years team should be more balanced. We were lacking on guard play last year.
Jon
I think SFA has the potential to win 25+ games this year, realistically. Anything less than 20 wins and a conference championship would not impress me.
- Jon Godeaux
BigJack85
Jon - I hope you are correct about the 25 wins. Keller will get a chance to show his real coaching chops with this team. I went thru the schedule and if the Jack's are as good as advertised we should be a 24 - 6 type of team. I can't see us going 18-0 in conference but 15 - 3 is reasonable,,,, 16 - 2 wins a regular season title. I have us winning 8 non-conference games.

Thoughts......
Axe 'Em Jacks - Class of 85'
Jon
Like I said, I think we have the "potential" to do it. I personally believe that we will win 23 games total (7 non-conference) and whoever does take the regular season conference title home will need at least 15 wins. Personally have SFA as the team to do it, but TAMU-CC and UNO will still be very good, with Lamar as the dark horse to make it happen. The conference was surprisingly competitive last year, but I think there will be a team that is clearly ahead of the rest come March.
- Jon Godeaux
PurpleOut
Staff
Sorry I disagree on UNO this year. I'm sure they'll have some athleticism but they lose arguably their top 4 players and 50ppg. Last year they were lucky that there wasn't anyone else that was very good.
nacluth
I don't know if the question will be as much "How many teams will be good?" as much as "Will there be anyone good?" Last year's conference was a mess. No one had consistency to close out tight games - though props are given to UNO for winning the tournament after stumbling into the conference crown.

If one team can show a start to finish game, they have to be the favorite. I believe we have the talent to do this, but I kinda thought that last year too.
Ryan
Kinnaird Guitars
PurpleOut
Staff
Game at Mizzou will be on ESPN2.
nacluth
Have they printed up those schedules yet? I need to pencil in on the calendar when we're cutting down those nets.
Ryan
Kinnaird Guitars
TallTexan
I'm planning on going to the Longwood game, since I'm presently in that part of the country for the entire fall.
SFA Jack Fanatic
TallTexan said:

I'm planning on going to the Longwood game, since I'm presently in that part of the country for the entire fall.
Great! You can be the entire SFA fan section!
TallTexan
I've got multiple quick change outfits lined up and will be running all over the gym like a crazy person so that they think we've got an entire crowd there.
SFA Jack Fanatic
TallTexan said:

I've got multiple quick change outfits lined up and will be running all over the gym like a crazy person so that they think we've got an entire crowd there.
You tha man!!
SFAXE93
Quote:

Standing room only if we set these bad boys up all over the stadium.
No-look
Will there be any scrimmages before the Longwood game?
TallTexan
SFAXE93 said:

Quote:

Standing room only if we set these bad boys up all over the stadium.

Great idea. Who do we want there? Beyonce? The Rock? Captain America? We'll have a start-studded cutout crowd.
No-look
Any warm up games before the Longwood game?
CLHawkins
Random but does anybody know why the Howard Payne and Florida A&M games are being broadcast on Facebook live and not on ESPN 3?
TallTexan
CLHawkins said:

Random but does anybody know why the Howard Payne and Florida A&M games are being broadcast on Facebook live and not on ESPN 3?
@Lumberjackfans asked this on twitter. It's because a lot of the students on the crew will be out of town for Thanksgiving, & between the Football & Basketball games it was tough to get enough to broadcast both on ESPN. Facebook live will still have replay & will have radio play by play.
PurpleOut
Staff
NDSU was taking it to USC but now tied at the half. That will be a very tough game for us.
SFASawmillGuy
Good. If we played nothing but cupcakes in our non conference schedule we'd be no better than some prisoners down south.
SFA Jack Fanatic
PurpleOut said:

NDSU was taking it to USC but now tied at the half. That will be a very tough game for us.
USC won 75-65. BTW, Baylor did a number on AMCC 70-46.
PurpleOut
Staff
Michael Porter sat out for Mizzou again last night.
SFA Jack Fanatic
PurpleOut said:

What's going on with him? Academics?
SFA Jack Fanatic
edstile said:

PurpleOut said:

USC won 75-65. BTW, Baylor did a number on AMCC 70-46.
NDSU went 19-11 last year, finished 2nd in their conference, and had no seniors on their team. It will be very tough.
cboothe09
edstile said:

PurpleOut said:

Injured hip I believe. The weirder part was him watching the game from the locker room instead of on the bench. There were three others that didn't suit out, but still sat with the team on the bench.
TallTexan
If he does have a sore hip, I'd guess that sitting on the sideline at 6'10 would be a challenge for a whole game. Could be why. Or maybe coaches don't want opponents to see how injured he is?
SFA Jack Fanatic
cboothe09 said:

edstile said:

PurpleOut said:

Injured hip I believe. The weirder part was him watching the game from the locker room instead of on the bench. There were three others that didn't suit out, but still sat with the team on the bench.
Would it be asking too much for that injury to linger until, say, December 20?
No-look
Heard he's out for the year.
TallTexan
edstile said:

cboothe09 said:

edstile said:

PurpleOut said:

Would it be asking too much for that injury to linger until, say, December 20?
How about December 18th but he's rusty as heck? Discombobulated as it were.
sfa17

SFA Jack Fanatic
Scores from last night (Nov. 16) for future opponents:

LSU 105, Samford 86
Louisiana Monroe 86, SELA 75
Lamar 89, Jarvis Christian 49
ACU 112, Howard Payne 62
Utah 77, Missouri 59
sfa17
TallTexan
I wonder what that team will look like in December.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.