FIRST ROUND NCAA: SFA vs UNC

15,345 Views | 99 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by SFAJack_76
TallTexan
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Did like the fact that he put the backups in at the end so they could say they played in the NCAA tourney. Classy touch.
Pilotgirl
Ugggggggh
nacluth
Ladyjacks went 2 for 12 shooting in the fourth with five turnovers. Tough finish.
TallTexan
So dang proud of these girls.

Hope we get most of the seniors back. One more rodeo to try to get that big win.

Just an incredible season.
Ljacks&Longnecks
nacluth said:

Two NCAA games that Kellogg knows that he could have won.
This^^

Collapsed in the last 14 or so minutes of the game. Went ice cold shooting and whether you like it or not NC came alive and vastly outplayed us in most of the 2nd half. Similar situation to last year. They didn't miss many 3s and were mostly wide open on those 3s. NC took complete control late 3rd and we had no answer.
Nugent technical was a shame cause she played so well and helped keep us going....that said watching the replay I can see why she got called.

Ladyjacks are a great team and had a great season. There is still a gap though between mid major and Big name schools and we saw that tonight.

Now get rested, get recruiting and get ready for next season. Still defending WAC champions, let's go for the repeat.

Pilotgirl
nacluth said:

Ladyjacks went 2 for 12 shooting in the fourth with five turnovers. Tough finish.

We went cold and the Zya charge and tech took any thought of run away. She was balling. So was AB.
jboy93
Well crap! Was a very busy day for me but tried keeping up with both games on my phone. I am a very depressed fan right now! Love our Jacks and Ladyjacks and really hope some senior Ladyjacks come back for their masters. On the bright side, we are having a granddaughter come September so the day was not all bad. Also most know I work for TJC, our girls are in the NJCAA Division I final four as the 17th seed!!!!
RedRiverLa
Well, NC turned up the heat, some questionable calls, and then we didn't play well once we got down, but the worst was listening to the last 8 minutes of the commentators almost crowning NC as the best ream to ever play the game, When a NC layup became and 'incredible play" full of heart and due to the pedigree of the ACC, I wanted to throw up.
Lumberjack Battalion
Lumberjacks make great US Army Special Ops Officers - AxeEm!
SFA Jack Fanatic
I was very encouraged by AB's play. She looked like the AB of old. She will be a major cog next year.
Pilotgirl
Yall...this Arizona crowd is FIRE!
BigJack85
RedRiverLa said:

Well, NC turned up the heat, some questionable calls, and then we didn't play well once we got down, but the worst was listening to the last 8 minutes of the commentators almost crowning NC as the best ream to ever play the game, When a NC layup became and 'incredible play" full of heart and due to the pedigree of the ACC, I wanted to throw up.

Throw up is right. Awful.
Pilotgirl
Yall. These girls are hurting right now. Maybe save the crap tweets for 24 hours? They see that stuff all the time. Or, at least, don't tag SFAWBB in the da*n tweet.
Pilotgirl
Pilotgirl said:

Yall. These girls are hurting right now. Maybe save the crap tweets for 24 hours? They see that stuff all the time. Or, at least, don't tag SFAWBB in the da*n tweet.

I know they're reading them because they were sitting by me reading them. Read the room.
SFAJack_76
Great season. Tough finish. Much closer than the final score, which is too bad since that is all many will see.

Many questions about the next season, but that's for another day. Axe 'Em!
BigJack85
SFAJack_76 said:

Great season. Tough finish. Much closer than the final score, which is too bad since that is all many will see.

Many questions about the next season, but that's for another day. Axe 'Em!

Not to worried about the Ladyjacks. A couple of key members return. We'll build back. This team will be a contender again next season
RedRiverLa
I agree. And I fully believe that Kellogg is one of the best coaches to ever take the court at SFA. We need to enjoy every moment of his time here.
Lumberjack Battalion
Lumberjacks make great US Army Special Ops Officers - AxeEm!
SFAJack_76
Okay, I'll say it …. will Kellogg be at SFA next season? The answer to that question influences everything.
nacluth
Well I've had several locals tell me that he was gone to another AAC school, but when I looked into it, that university had just hired another really good coach last year. So, I think everything has been true speculation.

However, he's going sooner rather than later. This feels like a peak year when his cache is the highest.
BigJack85
SFAJack_76 said:

Okay, I'll say it …. will Kellogg be at SFA next season? The answer to that question influences everything.

He will have offers. For sure. I don't know what a WBB HC makes for say, Oklahoma State for example. Probably 2X SFA.
TallTexan
BigJack85 said:

SFAJack_76 said:

He will have offers. For sure. I don't know what a WBB HC makes for say, Oklahoma State for example. Probably 2X SFA.

Last I saw the last guy was making 600k.

Which is wild considering UTs WBB coach is like 3 mil iirc
SFA88
TallTexan said:

Just once I'd like to play an ACC team on a neutral court.

Is this a reference to the officiating? I had to follow on my phone, so I didn't see the calls. Where was the crew from?

Some of my friends and family that went to the U of A tell me they don't like the ACC or the Big East and that extends to the city of Tucson.

I don't know personally because I don't spend any time down at North Nogales University.
nacluth
Classy thing for any Coach to say, but doesn't sound like someone with their bags packed.

Pilotgirl
I think a lot will have to do with their daughter, who is in 7th grade & is a baller. I imagine they want her to play at a larger high school. So maybe we can keep them for one more year. Fingers crossed.
Pilotgirl
Papa Johnson made this right before we boarded our plane in Tucson. A few tears (many) were shed (happy, bittersweet tears):

MileHiJack
Too bad we didn't catch Arizona first.before NC! We certainly were a better team against NC than the higher seed AZ.. SC is for real for a national championship so I think this next game will be a real yard stick of how SFA would have measured up to the best and probably the next National Champs.
TallTexan
MileHiJack said:

Too bad we didn't catch Arizona first.before NC! We certainly were a better team against NC than the higher seed AZ.. SC is for real for a national championship so I think this next game will be a real yard stick of how SFA would have measured up to the best and probably the next National Champs.
That SC team is taller than some of the lineups men's teams run with. Will have to catch that matchup.
TallTexan
They really like to stick SFA against the strongest underseeded 5 seed in the bracket huh?
MileHiJack
Agree!
SFA Jack Fanatic
TallTexan said:

They really like to stick SFA against the strongest underseeded 5 seed in the bracket huh?
You're into conspiracy theories now, Texan?
SFAJack_76
Pilotgirl said:

I think a lot will have to do with their daughter, who is in 7th grade & is a baller. I imagine they want her to play at a larger high school. So maybe we can keep them for one more year. Fingers crossed.

For elite players, which she is, club ball is more important than high school. True in most sports now.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.