SFA / Miami

24,077 Views | 130 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by TallTexan
PurpleOut
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Staff
I want to see us just go with Bogues, Harris, Mitch, Nicholas and Fitz for a while. That's our most athletic lineup. Sorry buy Jovan just slows down everything and is a liability on both ends. Sammy just isn't there yet conditioning wise.
PurpleOut
Staff
Also, Bain is playing great tonight.
RedRiverLa
Oh no. Not Sammy too.
Lumberjack Battalion
Lumberjacks make great US Army Special Ops Officers - AxeEm!
Pilotgirl
Another one bites the dust...
BigJack85
They aren't playing much defense tonight. I'm not seeing much of Brad's old "meet them at the corner" defense. Week rotation on defense and no conviction in there ball movement on offense.
Axe 'Em Jacks - Class of 85'
Pilotgirl
I think they are playing better than last week, IMO.
nacluth
Just got home. What did I miss?
BigJack85
On the last Miami offensive set I didn't see the kind of help you'd see when Miami pivots across the paint. We just aren't in synch. Some of it is fundamentals. That's a concern.
RedRiverLa
It's a work in progress. Injuries have definitely changed our whole approach. Hope we keep it under 20 at the end while we continue to improve the small (and big) things. I'd be happy if we win the second half. Besides pride, all that matters is we are a juggernaut by conference time.
Lumberjack Battalion
MasterAxe
This is a glorified scrimmage for Miami.

We had a guy toss it off the backboard to himself in a game we trailed by 23....in the first half.

LOOOOONNNNGGGG way to go for Keller to get this group in gear.
PurpleForever
Miami just can't miss right now. Not everything is bad defense.
PurpleOut
Staff
Not a smart move by Nicholas to try to throw it off the backboard, but other than that he's played really well.

Miami deserves a lot of credit right now, they're firing on all cylinders.
BigJack85
What I see aligns more with MasterAxe. These guys are not only slow in the weak side help they don't seem to care to get there.
SFAJack_76
PurpleOut said:

I want to see us just go with Bogues, Harris, Mitch, Nicholas and Fitz for a while. That's our most athletic lineup. Sorry buy Jovan just slows down everything and is a liability on both ends. Sammy just isn't there yet conditioning wise.
Agree. I look forward to the scholarship Jovan has had for four years going to someone that can contribute on the floor. Sammy has never done more than eat a few minutes.

Nicholas and Bain are playing strong. We really, really miss Augustin and Comeaux on defense.
PurpleOut
Staff
We're shooting 47%. Miami is playing excellent perimeter defense, we've only taken 5 threes.
Pilotgirl
BigJack85 said:

On the last Miami offensive set I didn't see the kind of help you'd see when Miami pivots across the paint. We just aren't in synch. Some of it is fundamentals. That's a concern.

Dude. It's an opinion. Isn't that what we express here or can I not do that? I don't care if you disagree or not with me. I just see some better play when compared to last week. Is it where needs to be? Hardly. But improvement with a couple players. Thats it. I wasn't saying we were ready for March or anything. Like Coach said...we aren't firing on all cylinders yet & he wished this game was in December. But ya gotta keep on keeping on even with 3 players out.
nacluth
Hmmm 0 forced turnovers. That has to get better. Don't worry. I got my good luck charm. Threes are coming plus some defense. The hurricane is on its way out.
BigJack85
I think your taking it as criticism.... not meant that way. I'm simply not seeing the type of angles created that we normally have.
SFAJack_76
Miami with 14 assists, five by their senior point guard.
Pilotgirl
Miami message boards most impressed with Nicholas. Noted that Holyfield was a huge loss for us.
PurpleOut
Staff
If it hasn't been noted, Kevon sat out a few days of practice, and has tape on his shoulder. He looks hesitant to shoot tonight.
RedRiverLa
Ok, so the color guy doesn't know that a Kiwi is someone from New Zealand. That makes me question his ability to call a game.
Lumberjack Battalion
nacluth
Tentative on shooting. No one stepping in with authority.
Jacks4460
BigJack85 said:

I think your taking it as criticism.... not meant that way. I'm simply not seeing the type of angles created that we normally have.

Those angles are there because we don't have Aaron or John at the top of the key pressuring the ball..
PurpleOut
Staff
Lol, they're not calling kick balls now apparently.
nacluth
Ha! That move by Lykes was cool but that's traveling in the NCAA's not in the NBA's. Clearly three steps. Only in Miami.
SFAJack_76
PurpleOut said:

If it hasn't been noted, Kevon sat out a few days of practice, and has tape on his shoulder. He looks hesitant to shoot tonight.
That explains why he just doesn't look right. Playing hard, but not effectively.
Ljacks&Longnecks
I wondered why Kevon wasn't doing more to try and get some shots up.
PurpleOut
Staff
SFAJack_76 said:

PurpleOut said:

That explains why he just doesn't look right. Playing hard, but not effectively.
Coach Cox said he should be fine in the press conference yesterday, but doesn't look like it. Just an observation however.
MasterAxe
Well, pretty clear we're not even close to full strength or maximum quality, but, we've played really poorly.

Really, really poorly.

But, conference is all that counts.
Ljacks&Longnecks
Nicholas looks to be stepping up tonight...looks like he will be an asset as the year goes on minus one silly play
nacluth
No defense right now. Bain is the only one showing defense skills right now. Kevon is not doing great. Whew we look rough.
RedRiverLa
Ok, it's a cramp. Dang my heart skipped with Bogues
Lumberjack Battalion
KirkHeath12
Has Mitch played?
Class of 2012
Axe Em
BigJack85
Mitch played earlier. Looked good. Except for the attempt at the sportscenter top 10

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.