SFA / SAGU

24,995 Views | 140 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by SFA Jack Fanatic
nacluth
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Can we play for overtime for more practice?
BigJack85
This is ridiculous..... I mean really. It's an NAIA squad..... we will lose to Miami by 30.
Axe 'Em Jacks - Class of 85'
MasterAxe
Miami gonna best us by 50
Pilotgirl
Are you kidding me
nacluth
Oddyst get the pressure baskets.
BigJack85
Can't believe it came to that.......
nacluth
It's a W!
TallTexan
SFA_03 said:

I'm fine with us being sloppy. But this game has been rough to watch. Once we gel as a team, we'll be fine. I just hope we mesh a little bit before Miami.

I'll take the win. But dang I miss John and Aaron.
KirkHeath12
Doesn't feel like 2-0 record.
Class of 2012
Axe Em
SFASawmillGuy
A win is a win is a win. Now we need to get this right and get ready for Miami. We've had practice. They haven't.
Pilotgirl
That is not what dreams are made of.
sfa17
I'm speechless. What was the point of purposely trying to miss the free throw. Just make it and defeat. It almost never works. We just dodged a bullet
Pilotgirl
sfa17 said:

I'm speechless. What was the point of purposely trying to miss the foul. We just dodged a bullet

To retain possession and get another basket I guess
cboothe09
Catch them off guard and not allow them to get a good shot off. Inbounding allows a set play and a better look...
MasterAxe
Tell you what, whatever goodwill Keller had with me from last year is quickly evaporating.

That's two HORRID games to start the year against much lesser opponents and I care nothing about injuries or how young we are.

All I hear about is how great these new recruits are, yet a few can barely function in these first two games.

We've been outplayed, out hustled and out coached these first two games.

And, frankly, if Sagu would have pressed erlier, they'd have won. They played better.

I suggest we figure it out quite soon, or this season could get long, fast.
sfa17
And how often does it work when u try to do it on purpose
RedRiverLa
sfa17 said:

I'm speechless. What was the point of purposely trying to miss the foul. We just dodged a bullet
clock starts on the touch, don't have time to set a play, 3 would be all they could do so that one free throw wouldn't matter. But you've got to hit the dang rim to put it in play. Im just really meh about the whole thing. Guess I can analyze on my two hour drive back to La.
Lumberjack Battalion
Lumberjacks make great US Army Special Ops Officers - AxeEm!
Ljacks&Longnecks
TallTexan said:

SFA_03 said:

I'm fine with us being sloppy. But this game has been rough to watch. Once we gel as a team, we'll be fine. I just hope we mesh a little bit before Miami.

I'll take the win. But dang I miss John and Aaron.
Exactly. Until we get Augustin back (maybe Comeaux too) we will struggle without a pure PG....plain and simple.
It takes Bogues and Harris out of their game when they have to PG.

That said...once we get Aaron back....Bogues and Harris return to positions...then we have Bain, Mitch, Nicholas, Sammie in the middle....then we will be solid.
Pilotgirl
does anyone want to join me this weekend as I go on a search to find our defense bc it is, evidently, nowhere to be found right now...our offense is anxious and is already one foot out the door...
cboothe09
Defense wasn't bad tonight. SWAGU did most of their damage at the FT line early.
Offense was unorganized. Players looked lost. Shooting wasn't good either. Well be fine, but need some work
SFASawmillGuy
That was bad but, and call me crazy, absolutely no reason to worry. We've had bad performances in the first few games before and we always seem to rebound.
fortWorthJack
Oh boy. We almost lost to SAGU. Even with all injuries and misfortune that has consistently plagued Keller's teams, this team should not be 50/50 agianst non div 1 opponents. This is a bigger starting hole than last year. Got lots of questions and no answers.
sfa17
Next Miami. Have a lot to work on but at least we won.
PurpleOut
Staff
SFA_03 said:

That was bad but, and call me crazy, absolutely no reason to worry. We've had bad performances in the first few games before and we always seem to rebound.

Agreed.

If you don't want to hear it about injuries, freshmen, etc then you are being extremely unrealistic on how the game works.
MasterAxe
Miami by 45
Generation II
It's funny. A lot of people scoffed at these two games and only wanted D1 competition. Long run we'll be fine. March is the only thing that matters.
BigJack85
Agreed. Keller does not appear to be the genius he was last year. Right now he looks like a less competent with prescription pain meds Jason Hooten.
Ljacks&Longnecks
PurpleOut said:

SFA_03 said:

Agreed.

If you don't want to hear it about injuries, freshmen, etc then you are being extremely unrealistic on how the game works.
THIS
MasterAxe
PurpleOut said:

SFA_03 said:

Agreed.

I don't want to hear about injuries or freshman. Basic basketball functions, like passing & shooting have nothing to do with that. We've barely scraped by two Non D1 squads and Sagu was probably better.

I expect more. Not excuses. Not sloppy play. Not stupid fouls. Not horrible turnovers.

Keller won me over last year, but good God, we've looked so uninspired to start this year.
jboy93
Everyone step away from the ledge...it is the first two games of the year! We will be fine. Mitch is going to have a big freshman year and when Aaron gets back it will be all good!!!
sfa17
You cant compare the Duke freshmen to our freshmen.. that is a bit of a stretch. Those are NBA ready players
BigJack85
jboy93 said:

Everyone step away from the ledge...it is the first two games of the year! We will be fine. Mitch is going to have a big freshman year and when Aaron gets back it will be all good!!!

JBoy..... hope your right. Rotation looks very shaky with no clear solution with Aaron.... even when he returns may take weeks before things are rounding into shape. Probably to late by then.
PurpleOut
Staff
Lol
sfa17
I wouldnt be surprised if we give Miami a tough fight or if they completely destroy us. I think it could go either way. It's early
cboothe09
Our guys rotated much better tonight defensively. Cole got lost a few times, but was able to bounce back into position. Unfortunately, our aggressive style leads to some open looks. SAGU converted late on those looks and I expect a team that shoots 44% from three on the season to do that. We held them well below their season averages as we should have. Miami will be much tougher, but have faith...Remember, we went most of non-conference last year without a true/healthy PG and I think we survived the season just fine...

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.