Purple vs White Spring Game

3,142 Views | 6 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by SFA Jack Fanatic
SFASawmillGuy
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Some things I'll be looking for in this one:
-is Foster Sawyer the QB we think he will be?
-is our offensive line going to be any good?
-how will our secondary look?
-can we avoid injuring our entire starting lineup?
SFA Jack Fanatic
SFA_03 said:

Some things I'll be looking for in this one:
-is Foster Sawyer the QB we think he will be?
-is our offensive line going to be any good?
-how will our secondary look?
-can we avoid injuring our entire starting lineup?
I was traveling during the game and unable to watch. Answers to your questions, please. Inquiring minds want to know.
SFASawmillGuy
Foster Sawyer showed glimpses of being a real weapon for us. He showed really good arm strength, decision making, and excellent accuracy(for the most part). However he strangely had a hard time hanging onto the ball; it slipped out of his hands more than a few times for absolutely no reason.
The defensive secondary did a great job keeping the receivers from breaking wide open. In fact. The defense dominated most of the night. The offense only scored one touchdown despite solid QB and RB play. The defense just never let the offense finish.
A couple of injuries occurred, Loren Easly missed the entire spring due to reaggravating his injuries. Again.

Overall, we did some really good things. We never really had any horrible or "bonehead" plays. If the offense can finish and Foster Sawyer can hang on to the ball the offense should be very solid this season.
And defensively I know we've said this for a while but I think they finally have a chance to be good this season.
There's hope. And you can tell the team is actually very excited.
SFAXE93
Foster Sawyer scored the only two TDs in the game, one rushing and one passing. The offense was driving on another series into the red zone when the ball from center sailed over Sawyer's reach.

Secondary playing really well, flying all over the field, Coach Byrd has the defense fast and aggressive as the defensive line was hurrying the QBs all night. Freshman Andre Wiley is going to be good, had 2 INTs and FF.

Our receivers are giants (Nacho, Pace, Goree, Williams, Williams, Hill, Sam, Baldwin) all 6-2 plus

Storm Ruiz is going to be a weapon in the kicking game as he was perfect in every attempt.

No John Franklin and 13 others due to injury.

Looks like Demetrion Amie has found him a spot at the table playing DE SCK:2.0;FF:1;FR:1; and numerous TFL and QB hurries all night.

Saw freshman DE:#95 Malik George 6-3; 220 (R/Fr.) playing at the weak side LB position, so maybe a position change there.

You can still catch the game in replay on ESPN3
SFA Jack Fanatic
How did Josh McGowen look? He seems to have had a good spring. I'm predicting that he'll help us a lot this year and in years to come. He's a natural athlete.
SFAXE93
Looked good, had a couple of 20+ yard runs, looks quick, caught some balls too.

He's getting a lot of reps with Easly and Shaw out.
SFAXE93
Also we have a walk-on QB who got some snaps last night

QB:#19 Zach Truelove 6-1; 200 Shepard, Texas (Shepard)
G:11;ATT:183;CMP:95;CMP%:52%;YDS:1,493;TD:21;INT:10;R:60;YDS:215;AVG:4.0;TD:3

2015 District 8-4A Division II Football Offensive MVP

He will get cut and go play QB for West Virginia.

SFA Jack Fanatic
SFAXE93 said:

Looked good, had a couple of 20+ yard runs, looks quick, caught some balls too.

He's getting a lot of reps with Easly and Shaw out.
He should look quick. A HS 6-A state champion trackster in Texas and previously a state finalist trackster in North Carolina.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.