Ladyjacks (3) vs GCU (2)

1,554 Views | 41 Replies | Last: 1 mo ago by SFA Jack Fanatic
Pilotgirl
How long do you want to ignore this user?
We will play GCU at 430 pm central today in the semifinals. We've beat them twice during the season but GCU & Molly Miller want this W BAD!

SFA will need to play their brand of defense (we saw that yesterday) AND up the offense. We need to capitalize on our fast breaks and get those 3s to fall!

Watching the game yesterday and the presser, our girls are ready and confident. They need to keep that poise and attitude to beat GCU for a 3rd time. We can't get behind 15 points like we did when last played them.

On the opposite side, UTA plays CBU. That will be an interesting game. UTA has played 2 games. CBU has fresh legs. But, I'm not counting a team out who has AB and momentum quite yet!

Let's get that Dub and go to the 'ship!
nacluth
It's my favorite time of the year when I have no more time conflicts and can support the Ladyjacks wholeheartedly! Onward and upward.
SFAJack_76
There is a decent chance that CBU beats UTA handily. AB had a great first quarter yesterday, and then looked tired. The team is thin, and three games in three days is tough. I also was not impressed by the UTA coach's game management. When UTU made a second quarter run, she waited way too long to call a timeout. Her substitutions were interesting. It looked like AB was doing a lot of the coaching.
Pilotgirl
Im.not impressed with UTA coach either. I can definitely see AB running and coaching that team. She was doing exactly that on the floor, directing traffic, when the PG should do that. AB didn't look tired on TV but I can see CBU squashing them today. I wish their PG didn't have that injury.
SFAJack_76
Pilotgirl said:

Im.not impressed with UTA coach either. I can definitely see AB running and coaching that team. She was doing exactly that on the floor, directing traffic, when the PG should do that. AB didn't look tired on TV but I can see CBU squashing them today. I wish their PG didn't have that injury.
I did have the advantage of seeing it in person, and seeing what you can't see on TV. Gia Adams looked much better than I thought she would when they carried her off the floor in the previous game. She is a good one. When she was off the floor, she was constantly moving to keep that ankle loosened up.
Pilotgirl
I know you are there. We were planning too and then, with the death of my mother, just too many things to take care of. Just sharing our perspective from at home.
SFA Jack Fanatic
Yep. Cal Baptist running away from UTA. Up by 20 near the end of 3rd Q.
SFAXE93
SFA is 5-1 against GCU since joining the WAC.
"History has no rubbish heap." Louis Blake Duff
nacluth
3 point first quarter. 17-3 GCU.
SFA Jack Fanatic
Bad shooting. Harden and Lombard riding the pines. Makes for a very bad formula.
Ljacks&Longnecks
Just got home. How is it that Harden and Lombard both already with 2 fouls each in 1st?
Huge hole to dig out of here.
SFA Jack Fanatic
SFA 1-10 from the field and 0-4 from three.
SFA Jack Fanatic
Ljacks&Longnecks said:

Just got home. How is it that Harden and Lombard both already with 2 fouls each in 1st?
Huge hole to dig out of here.

One of Harden's fouls was bogus. Lombard got a charge call against her.
nacluth
Love how the Ladyjacks can turn a game on a dime.
nacluth
In the previous two contests, it seemed like our athleticism wore the Lopes down.

Van Sickle ties it at 25!
Ljacks&Longnecks
What a great quarter!!!!!! Without Harden and Lombard the Ladies come back to take lead.
nacluth
What a dominant quarter by the Ladyjacks! Leading 28-25 at half after a three points quarter.
SFA Jack Fanatic
I hope Harden and Lombard don't come in and screw things up. JUST KIDDING!!!!!!!!
SFA Jack Fanatic
Destini already making a difference.
Ljacks&Longnecks
Last shots of the quarter or half is not a strong suit for SFA BB apparently.
nacluth
Crazy play by Finau. Just a little too pumped.
nacluth
Deck struggling here at the end. Got to change the momentum.
nacluth
Up by 3 75 seconds remaining.
Ljacks&Longnecks
Emotional play can be a good thing but Deck got pissed about a couple of things around the 3 minute mark and needs to refocus Now.
nacluth
Bishop is going to be great for years to come.
SFA Jack Fanatic
YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
nacluth
Get on the 'ship!
MasterAxe
Not so sure I get the GCU game plan there late.

Oh well…see ya!

On to the ship!
nacluth
Coach getting emotional making the championship in his first year is a great testament to how special this team is.
Ljacks&Longnecks
Gonna be a quick turnaround for a 10:30 am game tomorrow, Go Jacks!!!
RichieVan
Harden just huge in the clutch. The Ladies kept their composure after an awful first quarter and never tried to play outside of their scheme. Good luck tomorrow!
Pilotgirl
LADYJACKS TO THE CHAMPIONSHIP GAME!!!!!

Even if we lose tomorrow, I'm so thrilled for Len's first year as HC and that we beat Grand Cheaters University 3 times!
SFAXE93
Owned! 6-1
"History has no rubbish heap." Louis Blake Duff
Pilotgirl
MasterAxe said:

Not so sure I get the GCU game plan there late.

Oh well…see ya!

On to the ship!

Because Miller can't coach. And I have ZERO respect for her.
nacluth
Just had to come back on to say thanks to the Ladyjacks for brightening the day. So excited for them.
Page 1 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.