SFA vs UNO

3,650 Views | 73 Replies | Last: 3 mo ago by No-look
SFASawmillGuy
How long do you want to ignore this user?

Sure do wish SFA would stop promoting the game that's supposed to be the home game of the year two days before the game…
SFAJack_76
UNO is 1-7 vs D1. The win was by 5 over NET 355, UCA. (4-0 vs non-D1.)
NET - 297
Kenpom - 290

Easy win … right?
cboothe09
I want to move back to Nac one day. Seeing their poor promotion makes me want to quit coaching and come back sooner. I can do a better job. I already do with my HS girls…
Pilotgirl
Cram the Coliseum when the students are still on winter break.....lol ok
No-look
Gotta keep the win streak going.
Ljacks&Longnecks
I'm kind of with cboothe, dont have experience with promotion work but sure seems we could do better.
The $5 tickets promotion should have been pushed hard for days considering students are gone right now. Keller even mentioned it in Paul Quinn presser.
SFAJack_76
Pilotgirl said:

Cram the coliseum when students are there … lol.
BigJack85
I would have considered driving up from Houston (2 hr 15 minutes) if the game was an earlier tip off. It has got to be hard to figure out the best angle to promote these holiday matchups.
Pilotgirl
SFAJack_76 said:

Pilotgirl said:

Exactly! I was remarking how this was not a good idea with students still on break.
No-look
The Lord willing me and my bunch will be there.
SFASawmillGuy
cboothe09 said:

I want to move back to Nac one day. Seeing their poor promotion makes me want to quit coaching and come back sooner. I can do a better job. I already do with my HS girls…

Hell if SFA would pay me a salary I could support my family I would move back and dedicate 100% of my time to SFA socials and promote the hell out of every single home game.

It feels like every thing in our department has improved drastically over the years except promotion, which has regressed so bad. It definitely feels like the school investing in someone full time to be in charge of it would help.

Some schools pay a ton of money for that.
Ljacks&Longnecks
Possibly some SFA students do some of the promotional work?? Since students away work not being done?
Serious questions.
Ljacks&Longnecks
SFAJack_76 said:

Pilotgirl said:

Sadly must agree with 76. I personally feel that SFA has a low ceiling for improvement in attendance from both students and locals. Maybe if we were 20-1 or if only well known P5 schools came to Nac to play.
Otherwise it would take some serious promotions with serious prizes to maybe bring in more students.

I would hope MBB and promoters will try to do something to get a good crowd on January 25th when we face GCU....the heavy WAC favorite. I plan to make the trip for that one and CBU on Saturday. We will never rival the home crowds GCU gets but really need to try and rally the faithful to show that night. Of course there will probably be 4-5 other events on campus that night to contend with the game. We have seen that story numerous times.
SFASawmillGuy
Ljacks&Longnecks said:

Possibly some SFA students do some of the promotional work?? Since students away work not being done?
Serious questions.

This is actually 1 day more notice than was given for the last Cram The Coliseum game. I'm assuming the lack of an in conference rivalry makes it harder to choose a game for the event, but still.

I believe we can get good crowds if we promote our athletics events better. The excuse of not playing good opponents and not being something like 20-1 is a real one, and I get it, but there are plenty of mid majors worse than us in both football and basketball who fill their stadiums on a much more consistent basis, and if you look at their promotions you'd never guess they're having a down year or aren't a top team. Sometimes you gotta fake it til you make it. Even if we're not winning, we need someone within the athletics department who's still fired up enough to throw everything they got at trying to get good crowds.

Winning cures most, not all.
SFAJack_76
SFAJack_76
One thing I know about the individuals in our athletic department is that they are all very accessible, and more than willing to have a conversation. Each of them are also doing multiple jobs. There are mid-majors, like CBU and GCU, that have budgets double, or more, than ours. (No, I don't want to get the budget discussion debated again. Athletics budget are not all reported the same.) A comment from one of the better invested athletic departments was that SFA achieves more with less than any other athletic department.

If you have a question, comment, or concern, get in touch with Wally, Drew, Nick, Jay, Ryan, or others. Get engaged beyond social media.
No-look
Jacks win this one 88-72
nacluth
Not much to say about New Orleans. They're not good. They're small, don't rebound well, like to shoot up close. Jordan Johnson is their star player and gets over 20 every night.

There's no must wins in nonconference anymore, but this is a win if we're any good type of game.
nacluth
Any spare tickets floating around for the game tonight?
nacluth
DayDay with the start. Feels like it's been a while. Stone is also the starting big.
jboy93
$5 tickets tonight. I brought my 84 year old mom. Ready to raise the roof!!!
jboy93
Jossell back starting!
nacluth
Cajuste came up limping after losing the ball.
nacluth
Showing them who's boss after four. 10-2 New Orleans.
jboy93
23 for NO looks to be 40yrs old.
Ljacks&Longnecks
Slow starting Jacks make Any opponent look good.
nacluth
Southwick scores the first fieldgoal 5 minutes in.
Jacks1989
Turning the ball over too much and still can't make a shot.
BigJack85
Slow starts. It's just who the Lumberjacks are. Awful.
Pilotgirl
Ljacks&Longnecks said:

SFAJack_76 said:

Pilotgirl said:

Sadly must agree with 76. I personally feel that SFA has a low ceiling for improvement in attendance from both students and locals. Maybe if we were 20-1 or if only well known P5 schools came to Nac to play.
Otherwise it would take some serious promotions with serious prizes to maybe bring in more students.

I would hope MBB and promoters will try to do something to get a good crowd on January 25th when we face GCU....the heavy WAC favorite. I plan to make the trip for that one and CBU on Saturday. We will never rival the home crowds GCU gets but really need to try and rally the faithful to show that night. Of course there will probably be 4-5 other events on campus that night to contend with the game. We have seen that story numerous times.

Yes, I agree. I was being snarky but I guess my humor didn't come across that way. I was laughing by saying "lol ok" meaning, it was silly to expect to Cram the coliseum when the students are still on break.
nacluth
18-11 UNO at third first half media.

UNO is clearly not good with their shot selection. Our shot selection has been decent but we're just not good shooters. 12 minutes in and still averaging less than a point a minute.
BigJack85
This ain't the Cajuste of 22/23. He doesn't look sharp.
Ljacks&Longnecks
I got that one Pilotgirl.
Almost a decent looking crowd tonight considering no students.
Jacks1989
Dang. What a pass by AJ. SMH.
Ljacks&Longnecks
Just throw those NET ranking numbers out the window when you tangle with the Jacks!!
Last Page
Page 1 of 3

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.